Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2008, 11:55 AM

Teenage Tearaway Anyone???

Is anybody else going through the teenage stage with their dog at the moment???
Somebody has taken my big cuddle monster and swapped him for a walking hormones on legs I knew it would happen , but where has my puppy gone

He is great one minute when out walking , the next he is all attitude, being a nightmare, and then great again. I have had to keep him on a longline as his recall has disappeared, he meets dogs and wants to either, play, fight or hump, or all three. So I am going back to the beginning with his recall, but I am glad I put in all those hours of training him as I hate to think what he would be like without them.

Also, my nextdoor neighbour has her sister staying, and she has bought her dog with her, who just happens to be in season So we are having to be very vigilant he doesn't pole vault the fence, or dig under, or get at her. So we have him making a racket in the garden, he can't go out into the garden unless supervised. Poor boy, doesn't know if he is coming or going at the moment.

Anybody else going through this xxxx
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2008, 12:03 PM
I have a permenant teenager of a Weim here, i'd glady swap?
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2008, 12:06 PM
2 teenagers here both tazmainian devils dressed up as cavaliers
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2008, 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post
I have a permenant teenager of a Weim here, i'd glady swap?

Your on yesterday I would of given him away, today he hasn't been too bad. The dirty looks I got yesterday on our walk,
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2008, 12:10 PM
Milo has been going through the teenage stage for 3yrs now since he learn't to walk and Shady for 2yrs. its all starting to wear a bit thin now. Not that I wish thier lives away but I look forward to thier teens when hopefully they may start to grow up a little
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2008, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by Inca View Post
2 teenagers here both tazmainian devils dressed up as cavaliers

Glad to know I am not alone
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2008, 12:13 PM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Milo has been going through the teenage stage for 3yrs now since he learn't to walk and Shady for 2yrs. its all starting to wear a bit thin now. Not that I wish thier lives away but I look forward to thier teens when hopefully they may start to grow up a little
He is certainly testing my patience Just aswell he is so cute, he just gives me a goofy grin, and I forgive him .
hades
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-02-2008, 12:16 PM
Im goin through the same thing with hades...hes just turned 9 months, and has just started in the last week or so to not listen to comands hes been doin since he was 4 months.
His recall has gone down the drain..at the moment, which is frustrating. He never used to run to far away and was always looking around to see were I was and come back as soon as I called him, but at the moment he couldnt careless were I am if theres another dog about!
So at the moment hes on a long lead, but it a catch 22, because hes not really getting to burn off all of his energy and in doors hes like a coiled spring!
Im just keeping up with his trainnig and HOPE it passes sooner than later!
SOMEONE PLEASE BRING BACK MY PUPPY!!!! LOL
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2008, 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by hades View Post
Im goin through the same thing with hades...hes just turned 9 months, and has just started in the last week or so to not listen to comands hes been doin since he was 4 months.
His recall has gone down the drain..at the moment, which is frustrating. He never used to run to far away and was always looking around to see were I was and come back as soon as I called him, but at the moment he couldnt careless were I am if theres another dog about!
So at the moment hes on a long lead, but it a catch 22, because hes not really getting to burn off all of his energy and in doors hes like a coiled spring!
Im just keeping up with his trainnig and HOPE it passes sooner than later!
SOMEONE PLEASE BRING BACK MY PUPPY!!!! LOL
I know exactly how you feel
I put in loads of time with his training, and he has gone completely deaf He has been an excellent puppy, really clever and has been quick to pick up commands etc, but, when we are out even the most simpliest of things he looks at you like you are crazy.

I am also increasing his training and hope he gets through this sooner than later:smt002 good luck x
hades
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-02-2008, 12:31 PM
good luck to you to!
how old is your your pupy now?
Do you know if it last long this stage?
Ive had a lab bitch before from 8wk till she was 13 and sadly died, but she was so different even from a puppy she was always calm, even at the teenage stage!
Not like this just turned little brat!!!!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >