Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2004, 10:07 AM

Life for killers reduced

There are plans to reduce the life sentence from 15 years to 10, if killers plead guilty at the first opportunity

As a child, I always thought that life meant life. It's bad enough to know that if you take someone's life, you serve 15 years, but, to hear that this could be reduced further is appauling
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-09-2004, 10:09 AM
I totally agee Wolfie, in fact LIFE should be LIFE, no parole, no nothing!
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2004, 10:46 AM
It should be life for a life, no opportunities for an appeal or anything
Whiz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-09-2004, 11:00 AM
The justice system in this country is joke, my OH was sentenced to 6 months in prison after disturbing someone that broke into our house who was found in our daughters bedroom...i mean shouldnt they have been chasing the real criminal? We sold up and moved not long after OH was released.
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2004, 11:03 AM
That's awful
Robert
Dogsey Senior

21-09-2004, 11:05 AM
TOUGH ON CRIME,TOUGH ON THE CAUSES OF CRIME.

More Labour rubbish
pete
Almost a Veteran

21-09-2004, 11:06 AM
whizgirl i would of done the the same thing ,if found someone in my daughters room im afraid i my get life for what id do.its wrong to make a criminal out of someone protecting there family in there own home.
Whiz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-09-2004, 11:18 AM
Thank Pete, OH is a typical hard working genuine sort of bloke, kind of man that would help out anyone...his sentence was harsh, and the few months that we were without him were really difficult, i dont advocate breaking the law, BUT when you feel your own children are at risk in there own home, i agree he was right to do what he did. He was a real man, he held his head high and served his time without any complaints.
Laura
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2004, 11:20 AM
Life should be life, not a poxy 15 years that is an insult to the victims family imo. It doesnt send out much of a message to anybody whether it be the victims family or the perpetrator to them its only a few years in a cooshty prison (3 square meals a day, TV, games, more than lots of poor souls have and all at our expense).

Now what really gets me is that all these perverts who do horrendus crimes to children are only getting sentences of 6 months and at the most about 3 years but a bank robber gets 25 Now I am not saying the bank robber is right but who would you rather have as your neighbour.

String them up by their dangly bits and cut them off, that would stop or make them stop reoffending

Laura
Barbara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2004, 11:22 AM
Wolfie I remember when I used to think life in jail meant exactly what it says, Our judicial system is a joke here too.

Whiz girl that is an awful story!! Did you have dogs when you found someone in the house? That's why I like having dogs that are protective. There are so many stories here about men breaking into homes and abducting children. What happened to the guy who broke in your house?

Editted to ask; do you have the death penalty over there? Do you ever wonder if some types of criminals are not rehabilitatable and if execution is not the best way to deal with them? Example; pedophile murderers. They are inherently evil and sick. Why waste tax payer dollars feeding and housing them?
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >