Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2010, 03:48 PM

I feel so guilty.

Today I had been sent a load of links for baby rabbits a few were advertising easter bunnies but there was one about a solid coloured English doe baby, and I feel horrible that I even clicked on the link and emailed the breeder, it turns that she is rehoming her stock because a accident she had (thats what her website says), she's not too far away, a member of the BRC, and does have tri-English, and like I said I emailed the breeder about this young doe, and now I feel awful, I don't think that I'd go any further, it just feels wrong, and too early, I just don't know what I was thinking in this.

Anyway just thought that I would write it out, just to have somewhere to write what I feel more then anything.
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2010, 04:25 PM
Dont feel bad about looking or requesting info. If you dont feel ready then you need do nothing but one day you'll look and maybe it will feel right. Just do what your heart says.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2010, 04:39 PM
Why feel bad? You`re not replacing your lost friend - you`re able to offer another animal a loving home.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2010, 04:44 PM
Why feel bad, in time as the pain eases you may want to get one, so no problems in looking till the time feels right is there
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-04-2010, 04:50 PM
There is no reason to feel guilty. You loved your bunny and nothing will replace her. But you have a lovely home to offer. Why should another bunny sit in a rescue! Noone will judge you even if you do decide to help out. Maybe it was meant to be? Your little girl sending you a message? Either way whatever you decide lots of hugs for you.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2010, 05:20 PM
I think I feel guilty as its not even been a week, it seems like its out with the old with the new, which its not, tbh I hadn't even heard of this person before, and I've also said previously that my next bun would be either a tri coloured English, or a Black and Tan hare, and now its come to my attention about this tri girl, who does look like someones put a Harlequin coat on a Enlglish bless her.

Ali she's not from a rescue, she's from a breeder, I doubt a rescue would look at me, because the rabbits are indoor ones, and live with the type of dogs that they do, even though I have put measures in place which means that the dogs can't access where Drew is living without me there, I don't think many would accept it, let alone have a tri English there, I have seen some English in rescues though.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2010, 11:30 PM
Well it looks like, if this baby girl is still there by the 19th of this month, she may become mine, I've been emailing the lady, she lives about 80 miles away from me (mind you Nancy came from Wales, so I don't mind travelling), I must admit, looking at her I do feel happy, like she's something to look forward to, and meant to be, she's about three months younger then the age that Nance was, and so will be bigger then a 8wk old, so may be a better match for Drew, and tbh I've bookmarked her, and been looking at her most of the night, and I even like the name that she already has, if she has gone though apparently there is another Solid tri Doe, but I will be let down at that point, as she is who I have my heart set on now, so if she has gone I don't think that I'll be looking at another one unless another rabbit really stands out to me.
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2010, 03:51 AM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
Well it looks like, if this baby girl is still there by the 19th of this month, she may become mine, I've been emailing the lady, she lives about 80 miles away from me (mind you Nancy came from Wales, so I don't mind travelling), I must admit, looking at her I do feel happy, like she's something to look forward to, and meant to be, she's about three months younger then the age that Nance was, and so will be bigger then a 8wk old, so may be a better match for Drew, and tbh I've bookmarked her, and been looking at her most of the night, and I even like the name that she already has, if she has gone though apparently there is another Solid tri Doe, but I will be let down at that point, as she is who I have my heart set on now, so if she has gone I don't think that I'll be looking at another one unless another rabbit really stands out to me.
bless you. there is a reason you clicked on the link Chaz!
you should not feel guilty hun. you know you could never replace Nancy you are just filling a gap left by her. if you have the room to love another little bunny, just go for it
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-04-2010, 07:03 AM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
Rescue or not you shouldn't feel guilty. You go for it. A nice home for a deserving rabbit
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2010, 04:07 PM
How to make yourself feel really horrible - contact the breeder of Nancy and tell her your plans we are still keeping in contact with each other, and have become friends, so I thought that it would be better for her to hear this from me, as I know that she will find out if I bring this rabbit home, so I'd rather explain things, before and after etc, rather then have a bad feeling after, but oh how hard it is to think of what to say in this situation.