Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2010, 05:48 PM
Any news, Phil?
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2010, 05:54 PM
Heart/blood pressure problem? Hyperthyroid? Hopw she is ok Phil.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

03-04-2010, 05:58 PM
She wasn't about when we got up this morning. I saw her this afternoon running accross the back garden which compared to last night was great to see but not much help for me to catch her.

She came in at tea time tonight and seemed a million times better. Whilst I still maintain she's lost weight her breathing is normal and she's as lively as ever.

It was mentioned on Catsey that they can go a bit funny after a worming pill (rather than spot on treatment). As it was yesterday that I gave her the dose I'm wondering if that's what had knocked her off colour.

Anyway - she's had her tea (and a sausage) and seems normal enough just now. In terms of her weight I'll continue to supervise feeding to ensure she's getting all she needs and see how things go over the weekend.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2010, 08:33 PM
Sounds like a more positive post, Phil. Hope Bramble continues on the up

x0x
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2010, 05:36 AM
Glad she seems a bit better, kept an eye on this thread but had nothing to add as I have no clue on cats.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

12-04-2010, 11:08 PM
Despite perking up at my last post she's been around the back of the house over the last 24 hrs and I'd say she's deteriorated a lot since then.

Managed to get her into the house but apart from 2 or 3 laps of water and milk she's very thin and not eating.

I'll take her to my vet tomorrow afternoon and see what she says but at the risk of sounding rather callous I don't think I want to get into any heavy treatment.

She's nice and cozy lying on a jumper just now not doing much other than tiny meows.

Feeling a bit sad but I'll keep you posted.
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2010, 12:17 AM
So sorry to hear Bramble has gone downhill again, hopefully the vet will sort her out, she is an old girl (not much comfort, I know) and you are doing right by her
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

13-04-2010, 12:25 AM
Originally Posted by Emma View Post
So sorry to hear Bramble has gone downhill again, hopefully the vet will sort her out, she is an old girl (not much comfort, I know) and you are doing right by her
Thanks Emma.

She's still here making funny noises.

It's always hard deciding just how much you're prepared to do for a pet. As much as I love her we don't really see that much of her and I'd be fibbing if I said money wasn't the issue but she's such a free spirit and isn't really 'one of the family'.

Sometimes it's easier when you're prepared to do everything you can for a pet as you're guided by your vet but when you're not prepared to do everything you can - it's a far more difficult call on your part.
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2010, 12:47 AM
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Thanks Emma.

She's still here making funny noises.

It's always hard deciding just how much you're prepared to do for a pet. As much as I love her we don't really see that much of her and I'd be fibbing if I said money wasn't the issue but she's such a free spirit and isn't really 'one of the family'.

Sometimes it's easier when you're prepared to do everything you can for a pet as you're guided by your vet but when you're not prepared to do everything you can - it's a far more difficult call on your part.
This is true, but really, if she is thin and not taking fluids or food, it is not a god sign anyway, and wouldn't be surprised if it was a terminal illness going by her age and symptoms. See what the vet says tomorrow, I am not sure you are going to have to decide treatment options.
Being prepared to do anything for you pet, you still need to decide if treatment is the right option at times, I know with Scratch, when he had pancreatitis, I really ummmed and arrred, as to what point it should be a case of let him go free from the pain. He was so sick and got skinny quickly, it was hard to watch and asked many people to let me know if it was going past the point of being kind and only done for my own reasons of not wanting to let him go, just lucky he started getting better.
I don't know much about cats, but if she is thin and not eating or drinking and making funny noises, to me it sounds like she could be in pain. It won't be a choice you make lightly and I think you know in your heart of hearts it doesn't look good for Bramble.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2010, 05:41 AM
Thinking of you all, Phil. I know you will do the right thing.....

x0x
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >