Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2010, 09:17 AM

What can I do for Drew.

To make things easier for him? So far he is coping fine, but I don't want to think of him getting lonely, or frustated or anything, as he was still getting to be in contact with Nancy for supervised play time, and now that can't happen, so I'm wondering if there is anything that I could be doing extra for him to keep him occupied and content? Also even with his toys, and chews he has began to really chew the wooden run, which I know is natural for a rabbit, but if I give him all the space, well it wont be long until he's chewed right through it, and I need another, but is there anyway that I could redirect this behaviour, as he already has apple tree twigs, and dandelion roots etc, but it doesn't stop him.

I'm planning to let Drew have full run of the run again, as now its empty it won't be fair to keep him in half, so he will have around 7X4ft to play in, in that area he will hava a breakfast bar (a indoor GP cage, with sawdust, hidden treats, hay rack, dangling treats from the bars, and fresh food in his food bowl), in the wooden run he will also have a few toys, a rattle, rope ball, rope toy, food ball (all his pellets are fed in this) dumbell etc, also a dig box (brought a large cat litter tray, about 1.5ft X 1ft) and a corner litter tray, the other part of the run will be kept clear, as he likes to binky in that area, I'm also going to buy a tunnel, but don't know whether to put it in the run, or leave it out for play time, I also have the bike box for a childs bike that I am too deciding whether to put in or out, and he has a smaller box in their already, but what else can I do for him to make him happier? I've got a few grass trays, but I'm waiting for them to re-grow for now, but any ideas would be welcome.