Female 

28-03-2010, 07:22 PM
She is beautiful and obviously doing very well in her loan home
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-03-2010, 08:20 PM
oooh I love her, she adorable.
I bought my kids a Shetland pony called Vicki, to help teach them the basic horse care before buying something bigger for them to ride, it was working a treat but 1 Shetland to go around 4 kids she was getting too much care so I bought Vanity the 1/2 sister to the one we had, they were fab ponies 2 of my kids lost interest but 2 of them carried on. the Shetlands taught them everything they needed to know, they rode and competed in local gymkhanas with them. when it was time to get something bigger I couldn't part with them they where family.
I bought a welsh sec A called Kelly and a welsh sec B called Dolly
so here we were with 4 ponies I was in Pony heaven just where I wanted to be when I was younger. We kept them all for many years but as the kids grew so did their distance from the ponies, cried buckets when I had to sell them all off tho.
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-03-2010, 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
What a sweetie she looks

I wonder if your kids will look back and realise what a missed opportunity they had in not making the most of her. I'd have been in heaven if I'd had a pony of my own!
Me too, would be now aswell!
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2010, 03:51 AM
So beautiful! Your kids had it made and didn't even know it! I would have given anything for a pony when I was young!
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-03-2010, 08:02 AM
shes beautiful and the best breed! we have 2 nf ponies the 1st one we bought for my daughter when she was 9 (that was 7 yeasr ago) after she proved she would look after them having one on loan she was 12.2 and my daughter is quite tall so we bought a foal and brought him on and she broke him in last year hes nearly 4 now and she loves them both to bits.(hes 14.2)
not as expensive as a horse as they live out all year and live on fresh air being hardy ponies.
i never had any animals when i grew up so making uo for it now 4 dogs 2 ponies and chickens!!
and as you say shes only on loan so you can always get her back if the kids want to ride again i always made suere my daughter knows the ponies come first before having a life lol they need daily care in all weathers and shes been a good girl and at nearly 16 puts them before she goes out with friends and boy friends
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2