Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2010, 01:33 PM

Time for a rude awaking.

atm the chinchillas are in my room, as Magic had complications from a op, so there are in separate cages but next to each other, anyway before I went to bed I put some treats in their cages and went to bed, all was well until about 2am when I got hit in the face by something small, grey and hairy, apparently I never shut Misty's cage door and madam was loose in my room, the dogs sleep in the living room but I shut them in the bathroom encase she escaped, and them started taking my room apart including the bed (God knows what the neighbours thought) and I couldn't find her, so I put the bed back and left the room and searched the living room and still couldn't find her, so eventually stopped and listened,

I then heard a noise,

it came from the kitchen,

I walked into the kitchen, couldn't see her,?
listened some more,

then opened a kitchen cupboard,

and saw her staring at me.

Thankfully she came to me and I was able to put her back in the cage and let the dogs back out, and finally went back to sleep.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2010, 01:55 PM
she evidently didn't think that the pre-bedtime treat you gave her was enough and decided to go and help herself.

Good job the dogs didn't spot her though.
Shanik
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-03-2010, 02:52 PM
I just laughed out loud at your descriptive account of a wayward Chinchilla.

I think if something hairy awoke me at 2am I would have been off down the hall yodelling at high pitch!
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2010, 08:16 PM
Hali I am glad that the dogs didn't see her too, although I'm not sure what Diesel would of done, the amount of effort it took to get him off his bed lol, but that night mere human doors were not going to stop a rodent on a misson

Shanik I've had wierder things then this happen, about two weeks ago one of the rabbits that live in the room kept escaping, and they too would jump on the bed, and the male would lick my face, which was a sight to wake up to, a white face with two large dark patches where the eyes where and long dark ears right in your face although I do wonder what the people doing early shopping or going to work thought coz more then once I have woken up to find my two English sat on the window sill watching the town, they seem to take a intrest in waitrose the most
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2010, 10:05 AM
Oh now that is funny! I think I would have woke the whole town up screaming if something grey and furry hit me in the face while I was sleeping!
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2010, 03:43 PM
Its run of the mill here
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2010, 04:07 PM
I think that is a rather nice awakening! As i'm generally sharing my bed with an assortment of cats and lily, (dylan can't bring himself to sleep so close to so many cats!) i'm used to being woken by a some kind of animal activity in the night!
Shanik
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-03-2010, 07:05 PM
I'm used to the purring and rubbing kisses of a cat but I had built up this hilarious scenario in my head of a Chinchilla causing chaos and in wild abandonement landing on chaz's face then disappearing into the night leaving a bewildered owner behind Now I'm imagining Rabbits plotting an escape to Waitrose......
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2010, 08:39 PM
Aww bless Dylan Lilypup, and it sounds like you don't get many full nights sleep

Shanik you don't know how on the money you are didn't you know that there is carrots in Waitrose with their delicous leafiness on and whats the point of a adventure if you don't get to confuse someone while your having one?
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2010, 05:47 PM
Thankfully Minx the mog is grey so having a grey face shoved in mine at godawful times of the night is a regular occurrence for me. However, having one do that then suddenly disappear from sight would completely bamboozle me.

I've got an image of rabbits with plans for the house and waitrose and a tunnel plan going between them
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >