View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2010, 05:29 PM
Love them and always try to go to the Suffolk Show as I'm only down the road from there

Tonto loved it when he last went, even in the crowded tents he was a gentleman
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

04-03-2010, 05:49 PM
We sometimes go to 'Perth Show' which is smaller but similar to 'The Highland Show'.

Our favourite is the Scottish Game Fair at Scone Palace in Perth though as it's more shooting, fishing and dogs rather than livestock.

http://www.scottishfair.com/Default.aspx?tabid=75
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2010, 06:07 PM
I always used to go to one of the biggest in the country, the Ardingly Show which goes on for 4 days in June and it's huuuuuge! They have just about everything there, including all the top show jumpers attending, falconry displays, heavy horses, carraige driving, dog shows, hundreds of stands and food halls, you need all of those 4 days to see it all! Love 'em
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2010, 06:12 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Who else enjoys a day out at their local Country Show or Game Fair?

I really enjoy the local agricultural shows - especially getting up close and personal with the heavy horses

Perhaps we may be able to get a few Dogsey member meet-ups at some this summer?
great idea Kirsty I always try to go to the RHS, and a few others,

maybe you could do a list of the ones coming up,

Im not sure where the Clydesdales are being shown this year but if they are doing any shows I could always pop those shows up?
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2010, 03:52 AM
As some of you know we volunteer from Samsalin dog rescue and help on the creche/stall. We do most of them unless they class with a champ show we want to do. Were at Selby this year and we always do the main CLA. My fav was Lowther but thats not been held this year love the companions show attached to lowther as well get RBIS in 2006 with Dice.
New2Dogz
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-03-2010, 01:27 PM
Our local show will be the Cotswold Show near Cirencester on 3rd & 4th July this year. I'm looking forward to going along and your dog can go along with you free of charge too!

http://www.cotswoldshow.co.uk/html/dogs.php

Looks like a really good fun day out for the whole family.
Scooter
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-03-2010, 03:12 PM
We are going to visit the Selby Game Fair this year - never been before and are looking forward to it.
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2010, 03:17 PM
Love them!

Great Yorskshire, Stokesley and Cleveland are my local haunts.

I used to compete ponies as a kid, and have never stopped going! Now I just take a couple of dogs with me!
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2010, 04:33 PM
I go to the country shows that have terrier shows going on but none of the judges seem to have a clue about my Kerry Blue and even told me I was in the wrong dog show and should be in the family dogs show instead!! I know he is unusual but you think they would know he is a terrier! I don't like to ask them what they think he is as I might get the answer Poodle! (no he isn't trimmed in the lion clip!)
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-03-2010, 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
I go to the country shows that have terrier shows going on but none of the judges seem to have a clue about my Kerry Blue and even told me I was in the wrong dog show and should be in the family dogs show instead!! I know he is unusual but you think they would know he is a terrier! I don't like to ask them what they think he is as I might get the answer Poodle! (no he isn't trimmed in the lion clip!)
Know just what you mean we got BIS at Yorkshire Gamefair last year and the terrier judge (there was 3 in total) asked if he was a brittany and if white was allowed on there back, my friend who gives CC's in Welsh managed to put him right lol
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >