View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2016, 10:26 AM
Morning all. Norma that made me chuckle about boots. I have been busy this morning doing grass mowing, pruning roses, tying up floppy carnations, playing with Tyto and some housework. I did email you Norma, did you not receive it? Well must away. Have a good day peeps. Griff hope you are ticketyboo. Harvey any news about swan? June hope Zen is being good. Moyra hope you are warmer today. Sue and Lynn hope you are both OK. Where is lg? Thought I would ask before someone else does as we all miss him. Bfn. Hi Miss M. Nippy and Gnasher.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

15-08-2016, 10:46 AM
Still in Wales maybe brenda ?
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2016, 11:30 AM
Think so! Thanks Brenda loving the warm weather, still suffering with a lot of tiredness but gradually am improving. Thank you all who have asked recently I am getting there slowly. Do need a tonic from the doc to be honest.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2016, 11:32 AM
Griff is very quiet hope she is ok.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2016, 12:35 PM
I am fine everyone, thanks for asking, whilst the weather is good I have been making the most of it, been to see my friend round corner quite a bit..she had her windows put through Saturday night, she was in a right state yesterday....not surprised really!!
Moyra, I hope your Dr ends up sorting something out for you....can you still get tonics off the Dr?? I remember my nan buying one for my dad when I was younger lol
Brenda, whilst you have the mower out...just come and whizz over my lawn lol
I think LG may well be in wales still...I am sure he will be letting us know how things went in the not too distant future, certainly hope he is doing o.k
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2016, 01:54 PM
just had the pups out for a quick walk...far too hot, had a quick walk round the edge of the field and straight home, they wanted the ball lobbing but no way!!! hate taking them out when it is warm but we have training tonight and i won't get chance before
just been passed my friends flat and she still has boards on her windows...not sure how long they will leave her like that
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2016, 02:12 PM
Wow its hot!! Lying stark bollick naked in my garden!! This beats work as a med sec any day! Hip doing fine ... reallly must do some gardening but cant be arsed!!
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2016, 02:14 PM
Griff what a dreadful thing to happen. Waiting for the dressage but timing wrong. Mutter mutter.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
I hope someone retrieves that baby swan.
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
Hope someone helps the swan today
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Yes do hope someone helps the poor swan today.
Originally Posted by griff View Post
hope the swan gets some help,
Originally Posted by Norma808 View Post
hope it's good news on the swan
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
any news about swan?
Thanks to all above and those from last night and anyone I forgot.

Sad news, the Swan has died

I tied the dogs to the gate again and went to where it was, relieved when it was not there, but 20 yards or so it was lying on the ground, wings spread out, head turned to one side, flies already all over it.

It was not as young as I thought, feathers not brown (As I mistakenly said yesterday) more a grey verging on white and a wingspan I judged to be over 2 ft. (60 cms) so quite big. The fact it was not a baby probably explained why Mum & Dad were nowhere around.

Cause of death is still (to me) a mystery, there were no loose feathers, no blood, the wings looked (to me) to be in perfect condition, I've never seen any fishermen on that stretch so swallowing hooks etc. can be ruled out.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Oops!! Typo!! Meant to say bollock
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >