Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2009, 05:46 PM
Originally Posted by Benzmum View Post
I know I have to try to stay calm but I feel sick to the pit of my stomach and so bl**dy helpless. and now I cant see the creen - its gone all blurry and the dam keyboard is wet
We're here honey, always.......

x0x
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2009, 05:53 PM
Lynne, not been back long, sorry to hear your news, but there is hope hun, stay positive.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))) )))))))))))))XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXX
Gellygoo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2009, 06:08 PM
Hi Lynne, Ive just been catching up with the news on Ben, I'm really sorry he and you are going through this.
I wanted to tell you that Gelert had an operation on her spine 7 weeks ago now. She too lost the feeling in her back legs and her front ones were starting to go too. She was referred to an animal hospital with neuro surgeons. First she had an MRI scan, then cage rest for 3 days to let any swelling round the spine go down, then the op. She had one of the discs drilled out as much as possible to stop it pressing on the spinal chord.She came home 2 weeks later looking like a poor abused dog, so thin and wasted, I could have wept.BUT, with physio and tiny 2 minute walks supported with a towel at first, she is coming on nicely. She still drags one back leg a bit when she is tired and only manages 200 metre walks now, but she is improving daily now......I just wanted you to know so you have an idea what could happen to Ben.
Hope this is of help.
Fingers and everything else crossed and positive thoughts sent. x
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-05-2009, 06:16 PM
My sincere apologies - I've only caught up with this now

Just wanted to express my upset at hearing about poor Ben, and pass best wishes to you...

Snorri
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2009, 06:17 PM
Thanks to everyone. And thanks for your post Gellygoo I am so pleased Gelert is improving.

I am still waiting on a call from the vets.Will update when I know. Thank you all you really are the best bunch of people EVER xxx
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-05-2009, 06:28 PM
Lynn - I am sorry have only just come onlline after a weekend away from the computer.
So, so sorry to hear about your darling Ben.
We are all with you.
Sending lots of ((hugs)) to you and zillions of healing vibes up to Scotland for Ben
xxxxx
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2009, 06:56 PM
Oh Lynne I am so sorry to come on and read about poor Ben. Everything is crossed for a happy outcome

I had a dog who had to have a disc removed as it was pressing on the spinal cord. She never got to the point of losing mobility but couldn't go for a walk of more than a few steps. After the op she recovered well although I was never able to take her for a walk again but she was happy to potter round the field but funnily enough she could jump onto the grooming/vet table

Sue
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2009, 07:02 PM
Lynne,good news that the dye found something, I am assuming that is what happened? The fact that they re operating means they have soemthing to work with rather than having to wait another day for an MRI?

I am sending everyhting we have from here to support you.Love as ever

Rachx
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2009, 07:39 PM
Still praying hard for a successful outcome. Huge *hugs* to you xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-05-2009, 07:41 PM
Me too, and logging off now, but hoping to see some much better news tomorrow morning. Take care Lynne, I hope you're doing ok.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Page 14 of 50 « First < 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 > Last »