Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2021, 07:16 AM

Daily Thread, Saturday, 31st July, 2021

Good morning everyone, bit overcast at the moment but think it will clear. I took my DVLA visual field test yesterday and it went better than I anticipated hope that bodes well for me passing it. Fingers crossed.

Have a good weekend all, stay safe and well. God bless.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2021, 08:28 AM
Fingers crossed for you Moyra. How long before you know? Hope everyone else is ok today. The gas boiler man is here and a bit concerned as he is running the hot wate. No idea why. Have a good day all.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2021, 08:33 AM
Good morning Moyra, Brenda and all who follow

Fingers crossed for a good result from the test Moyra.

Hope all goes well with the boiler Brenda

Lovely morning here. Teazle walked, more beans picked, frozen and some for lunch. Also made a cauliflower cheese for our dinner tonight so just have to cook the veg and heat the rest in the microwave. After a day's work at the house don't want to spend the evening cooking! Also packed lunch made for Ben and I and some put in the fridge for Barry

Hope all are well. Stay safe.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2021, 09:59 AM
Wow you are amazing Sue. Boiler man done and all good.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2021, 10:56 AM
Busy busy busy again Sue!!!
Moyra, hope you get your pass
Brenda, pleased the boiler passed muster
Waiting for my fencer to come.... he's a fireman and he said he would pop around after work.......I don't know what time his shift finishes and if there's an incident and he is in attendance then he doesn't need to come, a day hanging around here for me except for walking the dogs
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-07-2021, 02:17 PM
Afternoon Moyra, brenda, Sue, griff and all to follow.
Fingers crossed for the pass Moyra.

Wow Sue you amaze me.
brenda glad the boiler is sorted and safe.
griff hope the fencer has turned up and not been called out.

Well back from the vet. Katherine says his gait is no worse but we did discuss this injection now being palliative.
The back right paw problem is a mass. The options were leave it but it will ulcerate and bleed and get infected and she said the amount of clients who have said they will leave it due to age and like Dillon arthritis etc., then rang in a panic because the mass has then done as above.
Sometimes the option then is to put to sleep because it so badly infected and along with other problems she cannot work miracles.
We asked what she would do in our shoes but was reluctant rightly so to say.
We have opted for the mass to be removed on Monday he goes in at 10 past 9. We need to know if it is benign or not and also we don't want that to be the reason to put him to sleep when if we had it taken off he could still have a good time left till the injection or whatever next that helps him could keep him going for a good while yet.

So not brilliant news and we are feeling a little deflated but at least we will know what we're looking at regards the lump maybe the end of Monday or might have to wait a day or two it's not being done in their Downham Market hospital but in the Kings Lynn practice and I'm not sure if they have all the bells and whistles there.
We can't leave it though benign or not it has to be sorted so it doesn't become worse.

Stay safe everyone.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2021, 02:22 PM
Never easy Lynn but you know what you have to do to find out what the next step is. No pun intended. So sorry. Hugs to you and Gorden and Dillon.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2021, 02:40 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Afternoon Moyra, brenda, Sue, griff and all to follow.
Fingers crossed for the pass Moyra.

Wow Sue you amaze me.
brenda glad the boiler is sorted and safe.
griff hope the fencer has turned up and not been called out.

Well back from the vet. Katherine says his gait is no worse but we did discuss this injection now being palliative.
The back right paw problem is a mass. The options were leave it but it will ulcerate and bleed and get infected and she said the amount of clients who have said they will leave it due to age and like Dillon arthritis etc., then rang in a panic because the mass has then done as above.
Sometimes the option then is to put to sleep because it so badly infected and along with other problems she cannot work miracles.
We asked what she would do in our shoes but was reluctant rightly so to say.
We have opted for the mass to be removed on Monday he goes in at 10 past 9. We need to know if it is benign or not and also we don't want that to be the reason to put him to sleep when if we had it taken off he could still have a good time left till the injection or whatever next that helps him could keep him going for a good while yet.

So not brilliant news and we are feeling a little deflated but at least we will know what we're looking at regards the lump maybe the end of Monday or might have to wait a day or two it's not being done in their Downham Market hospital but in the Kings Lynn practice and I'm not sure if they have all the bells and whistles there.
We can't leave it though benign or not it has to be sorted so it doesn't become worse.

Stay safe everyone.
That's exactly what I would of done; and have done with oldies.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2021, 02:41 PM
Afternoon all doing outside preventative maintenance on the house. so busy busy here.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-07-2021, 02:44 PM
Thanks brenda and Kazz.
Our vet agrees with us and our decision in fact I think she was relieved we opted for it.
She has rolled the consultation fee onto the operation on Monday so we can claim that on the insurance.
His joints are not covered for medication or any intervention after we had to find another company but injury and lumps etc. I am sure will be.
As Gorden said though if not we will pay it it needs to be done.
So we just paid for the Librela injection today. We know time is against us now he is 9 years and 9 months on Monday.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >