Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2021, 12:19 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Morning all. I know I mentioned acupuncture, it was because my own doctor did it for me when I injured my back. I didn't have to wait for an appointment with anyone else. It is worth asking the normal doctor that she sees and they may recommend it. Have a good day. Lovely lightning display and thunder in the early hours. Now warm and have been for a quick walk, well it was slow but out for not long so yep quick as it is warmer now. Have a good day all.
Have a great day Brenda and lucky you lightening display
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2021, 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning Sue, brenda and all to follow.
Not so warm again today and a bit overcast. Dillon went round the park today and had some rolling in the grass and for the first time in a few weeks some little sprints.
Back to vet next Saturday for his next injection hopefully they're beginning to work.
We noticed he seems to have a blister on his back right paw so we put a dressing with coconut oil and Manuka honey on it and some vet wrap and we are wondering if that helped ?
Will have to ask the vet to take at it next week if it doesn't doesn't do something by next week.
We feel it will continue to come back as both his paws twist a little now when walking. So it may be a case of keeping it dressed and wrapped for walks.
In the Winter we may boot him if needed but a boot would be to hot in the Summer.

Chris your poor Daughter and you as it must be such a worry. Do hope the next appointment comes to fruition.
Sue have fun at the house today, sounds like things are coming together.
griff I don't miss that time of the month thing at all.
brenda hope the rain stops soon.

Take care and stay safe everyone.
Lynn you are both doing the best you can do for him. Hugs to Dillon
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2021, 01:03 PM
Oh and just a question has the Olympics passed anyone else by like it has me? I usually love it but have not seen anything even the opening (which are normally great)
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2021, 01:50 PM
Olympics don't interest me at all Kazz, I saw a clip of the opening ceremony on the news... everyone in masks and no audience so a complete waste of time. I think the Paralympics are much more interesting, seeing how people can overcome things
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-07-2021, 02:56 PM
We do what we can Kazz till there is no more to be done.
Katherine his vet rang today for a quick catch up to see how he is doing. Said we are seeing slight improvement. She will take a look at his paw next week she says likely an abrasion or blister due to the rotating of the paw, and we may find all we can do is boot the foot or as we are doing vet wrap with a dressing.

Well I am a bit of myself today. I am a wildlife advocate especially the wild birds. On Thursday when returning form shopping I noticed a white van parked along the gap onto the wasteland where they intend to build. So I popped over to check no one was cutting hedging or trees back yet.
Got chatting to the guy who was there to mow the park nothing to do with the developers. His supervisor turned up and I was explaining it to him to and they both said they have to be careful about the hedging and cutting it.
Apparently the hedge alongside the park and where some cottages and bungalows are needs cutting a resident asked the council to do it and it was supposedly to be checked and go ahead today if clear of birds and nests.
We went on the park and as we did a white van with a guy and a hedge cutter turned up so I asked had the hedge been checked ? He reckoned he wasn't sure so my reply was well I was told it would be before cutting and that you are not meant to cut between March and September. He went on about his overtime and he was only doing what he had been told to which I agreed.
Anyway I decided to check the hedge and it all seemed clear so I thought well let it be and let him cut the hedge, I turned around and the van and man had gone and the council flat bed truck that turned up seconds before me checking the hedge had gone to.
Not sure what happened and why but no hedges were cut today.
I told the guys on Thursday and today I would not hesitate to report a wildlife crime if needed.
I came home and have emailed a local councillor as the guy today said all hedges have to be cut by end of August to which I told him no the law is end of September so I have emailed the Councillor to make sure Fenland district council know this.

Left my phone in the pet shop this afternoon honestly I would forget my head if it wasn't screwed on these days.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2021, 04:03 PM
Good afternoon. Back a bit earlier from the house. More loft boarded should be finished tomorrow, two rooms walls filled her needed and paintwork rubbed down. Tomorrow more boarding, rubbering down the walls and wash down too.

Kazz, yes Dawn worked for us and I don't know what you have heard but I also don't really want to say anything in the public forum as I don't want to step on any toes. That said, there has been some sad news, yes, so it is likely that what you have heard may be correct.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2021, 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
Good afternoon. Back a bit earlier from the house. More loft boarded should be finished tomorrow, two rooms walls filled her needed and paintwork rubbed down. Tomorrow more boarding, rubbering down the walls and wash down too.

Kazz, yes Dawn worked for us and I don't know what you have heard but I also don't really want to say anything in the public forum as I don't want to step on any toes. That said, there has been some sad news, yes, so it is likely that what you have heard may be correct.

Thank you.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2021, 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post

Sounds like all guns are blazing there well done
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2021, 10:31 PM
Chris missing you today hope your having a brilliant day
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2