Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2021, 07:29 AM

Daily Thread Saturday 24th July

Good morning everyone

Do hope our daughter's new appointment is not cancelled again Chris. Ben had a physio appointment yesterday which was cancelled and rearranged for next week then that was cancelled now has one for the second week of August. It seems everything is in disarray with the poor hospitals.

Rain overnight and was woken by thunder. Rain stopped when I got up so out with Teazle before it started again. When the sun came out it was very warm. Off to the house again. Whilst Ben boards the loft Paul and I will fill holes and rub down paintwork. Builder has now confirmed a start dare of the 23rd August so hopefully all will be finished and he will be able to start buying furniture by the end of September.

Hope all are well. Stay safe.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2021, 07:54 AM
Morning all. I know I mentioned acupuncture, it was because my own doctor did it for me when I injured my back. I didn't have to wait for an appointment with anyone else. It is worth asking the normal doctor that she sees and they may recommend it. Have a good day. Lovely lightning display and thunder in the early hours. Now warm and have been for a quick walk, well it was slow but out for not long so yep quick as it is warmer now. Have a good day all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-07-2021, 08:27 AM
Morning Sue, brenda and all to follow.
Not so warm again today and a bit overcast. Dillon went round the park today and had some rolling in the grass and for the first time in a few weeks some little sprints.
Back to vet next Saturday for his next injection hopefully they're beginning to work.
We noticed he seems to have a blister on his back right paw so we put a dressing with coconut oil and Manuka honey on it and some vet wrap and we are wondering if that helped ?
Will have to ask the vet to take at it next week if it doesn't doesn't do something by next week.
We feel it will continue to come back as both his paws twist a little now when walking. So it may be a case of keeping it dressed and wrapped for walks.
In the Winter we may boot him if needed but a boot would be to hot in the Summer.

Chris your poor Daughter and you as it must be such a worry. Do hope the next appointment comes to fruition.
Sue have fun at the house today, sounds like things are coming together.
griff I don't miss that time of the month thing at all.
brenda hope the rain stops soon.

Take care and stay safe everyone.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2021, 09:11 AM
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ultra-Cool-.../dp/B072F4YNRS
Ever thought of these, keeps dogs feet cool.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-07-2021, 09:42 AM
They look good brenda but they are to short he needs boots a bit higher up or with a good grip round his ankles.
Best ones we found were the ones griff uses the balloon type. We have spent to many pounds on boots that don't fit properly even though x large and supposedly fit his measurement requirements.
Bernese paws are hard to get boots for. We even had a custom pair made and they don't stay on to well either.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2021, 11:24 AM
Lol...i am an expert with dog boots, I have had them bespoke, had the ones police and fire dogs use, had the Mikki ones to cover bandages, the best I have used are muttluks and the pawz disposable boots.... sadly muttluks tend to be widely available in America/ Canada so it's a bit expensive to get them and then find they don't fit....I bought some cheap off eBay and they were the right size so bought more. A friend of mine had a staffy whose back paws scuffed when she walked and she sent me a link once to making a boot out of vet wrap, it was quick to do once you got the hang of it and obviously was a prefect fit, hardest bit was getting the bloody thing off again after a muddy walk lol.
Brenda I like the way the gsd in that link has a coordinated outfit.... matching boots and coat
No Molly duty today, so get to stay home... thankfully as I still have tummy pains. Might find a film to watch, there's one called crawl that I saw on Gogglebox last night... just need to see if it's free on Netflix or if I have to buy it on Amazon
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2021, 11:54 AM
Hello all, finally a bit cooler thankfully. I couldn't take much more of that heat. I am glad that Dillon appears ok except for the one paw which you have treated Lynn. Sue and Kelly hope you overcome your problems too.

Enjoy the rest of the day, take it easy and stay safe and well. God bless.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2021, 12:17 PM
Good afternoon all

Much cooler here but a storm is coming you can feel it. Dog walked been out the the shops/butchers/greengrocers picked up a few bits and pieces including chicken for dinner having a roast today. My sisters neighbour has been admitted last night to hospital with Covid.

Am going to watch/record if I fall asleep the film on BBC2 tonight
Stronger my cousin was running in that marathon but had finished when the bombs went off did not realise a film had been made of one of the victims. So everyone have a good day.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2021, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
Rain overnight and was woken by thunder. Rain stopped when I got up so out with Teazle before it started again. When the sun came out it was very warm. Off to the house again. Whilst Ben boards the loft Paul and I will fill holes and rub down paintwork. Builder has now confirmed a start dare of the 23rd August so hopefully all will be finished and he will be able to start buying furniture by the end of September.

Hope all are well. Stay safe.
All sounds positive Sue. Can I ask Dawn worked for you I am hearing information but not sure if it is right can you confirm if you have heard anything?
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2021, 12:19 PM
Awww, it's horrible if you struggle with the heat Moyra, I am generally o.k with it. It went very cool here yesterday evening, so much to the point of me shivering waiting for the bus home..... I am either boiling hot or freezing cold...no in between
Our steam generator iron died after several years....I paid a fortune for it about 10 years ago and the tank split and we can't get a replacement anymore, so I ordered one off Amazon, mum paid me for it and the first time she used it....she knocked it off the side and smashed the back off the generator bit... broken beyond repair!! She said she would "make do" with a normal iron, she already bitches about doing the ironing ( not mine by the way) so it would be doubly bad now sooooo, I got yet another iron, I have had to pay for this one and I am just doing my washing so will give it a go later....it won't be anywhere near as good as the original but hopefully it will do the job
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >