Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2021, 08:42 AM

Daily Thread,Tuesday, 20th July, 2021

Good morning all, going to be another hot one so do take care today, slap on the sunscreen and don't get burnt.

Have a good day, take it easy and stay safe and well. God bless,
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2021, 09:01 AM
Good morning everyone been out with Gert twice now both of us ae minding our own business and sitting in the living room watching a bit of Judge Judy and dozing; must be hot as I don't normally do that.

Moyra Nice to see you starting the daily hope you are well is Steve back at work now, and have you still got your car?

Have a good day all catch you later.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2021, 09:03 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

I agree another hot day. Monthly shop done, sorted and stowed away. Potatoes done for lunch and towels in the wash. Will get out in a minute and deadhead the buddleia and some roses and then call it at day.

Barry is not really into DIY, ie decorating. He did offer to help with the boards for the loft but to be honest there is not much he can do (same as me) and I find myself just sitting on the stairs, nowhere else to sit, and waiting for instructions from above. Barry would get bored very quickly just hanging around so he is better off at home looking after Teazle.

Hope all are well. Stay safe.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2021, 09:04 AM
Morning Kazz you snuck in there. Have a doze if you feel like it you are usually very busy.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-07-2021, 09:07 AM
Morning Moyra, Kazz and all to follow.
Another hot one here to although not quite as hot as yesterday but hot enough.
Gorden has jet washed decking, patio, chairs and table. Mark and Lauren coming later for lunch and to take the cot home we bought for baby and have been keeping in the cabin.
Plus we have some more bits for them.

Hoping the nights start to cool down we get up to 27 in here and need two fans going for Dillon to sleep 6 hours. Our bedroom is stinking hot but as long as he is cool we can deal with it.

Stay safe everyone.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2021, 11:53 AM
Went to take a t-shirt back for Steve, he wants a bigger size....not got it, no refunds! Exchange or credit note, trying to get me to buy a horrible t-shirt instead ....errrm no, certainly won't buy from there again!
Absolutely cooked, decided to cut the new lawn, thought it's not going to take long, I won't get too hot....lol, I am a big pile of sweat and sticky hair!! Decided whilst the mower was playing nicely I would do the front too..... just next door needing to do their garden and then we are all tidy.
Had a giggle, courier came yesterday, tried to deliver a parcel next door, no answer so off he went, came back today... again, no answer and they were both in, knocked my door and asked would I take it!! I said no, sorry I don't talk to them, he went to the people on the end ( you know the ones she kept reporting) they said no too lol, he had to take the parcel away...thing is, it's dpd, they send you an email and text and you can stalk the driver so quite how they missed it for 2 days...well who knows
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2021, 12:33 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Went to take a t-shirt back for Steve, he wants a bigger size....not got it, no refunds! Exchange or credit note, trying to get me to buy a horrible t-shirt instead ....errrm no, certainly won't buy from there again!
Absolutely cooked, decided to cut the new lawn, thought it's not going to take long, I won't get too hot....lol, I am a big pile of sweat and sticky hair!! Decided whilst the mower was playing nicely I would do the front too..... just next door needing to do their garden and then we are all tidy.
Had a giggle, courier came yesterday, tried to deliver a parcel next door, no answer so off he went, came back today... again, no answer and they were both in, knocked my door and asked would I take it!! I said no, sorry I don't talk to them, he went to the people on the end ( you know the ones she kept reporting) they said no too lol, he had to take the parcel away...thing is, it's dpd, they send you an email and text and you can stalk the driver so quite how they missed it for 2 days...well who knows
Maybe they do not want it easier than trying to return for a refund.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2021, 12:34 PM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
Good morning Moyra and all who follow

I agree another hot day. Monthly shop done, sorted and stowed away. Potatoes done for lunch and towels in the wash. Will get out in a minute and deadhead the buddleia and some roses and then call it at day.

Barry is not really into DIY, ie decorating. He did offer to help with the boards for the loft but to be honest there is not much he can do (same as me) and I find myself just sitting on the stairs, nowhere else to sit, and waiting for instructions from above. Barry would get bored very quickly just hanging around so he is better off at home looking after Teazle.

Hope all are well. Stay safe.
Makes perfect sense.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2021, 12:34 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Morning Moyra, Kazz and all to follow.
Another hot one here to although not quite as hot as yesterday but hot enough.
Gorden has jet washed decking, patio, chairs and table. Mark and Lauren coming later for lunch and to take the cot home we bought for baby and have been keeping in the cabin.
Plus we have some more bits for them.

Hoping the nights start to cool down we get up to 27 in here and need two fans going for Dillon to sleep 6 hours. Our bedroom is stinking hot but as long as he is cool we can deal with it.

Stay safe everyone.
Have a lovely afternoon my neighbour is worried about his StBernard she is so lethargic in this heat
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-07-2021, 01:02 PM
No Kazz, they just don't answer the door, they do this with the police too, just ignore the door and then they come round knocking our door and neighbours asking if they are in and when I last saw them etc
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >