Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2021, 07:55 AM

Over cast Wednesday 7th July

Good morning everyone

Where has summer gone? Overcast and breezy here. Have taken the chance to wash and put out Teazle's cushion cover and blankets. Off to hairdresser later this morning but nothing else planned. Still waiting for the scaffolding to be taken down then I can mow the lawn.

Hope all are well. Take care
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2021, 08:17 AM
Originally Posted by Sue L View Post
Where has summer gone?
I think it was last seen heading for the hills...
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2021, 08:22 AM
Morning , who says I am over the hill Just contacted our county council to see if they can tell me if the fire service will change my batteries in my smoke alarms. I can't reach the batteries but they are also connected to the electrics. But I am told that the batteries are my responsibility. I can't reach them and no-one round here will help. Think it is time to move. Have a good day all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-07-2021, 08:45 AM
Morning Sue, Kazz, brenda, and all to follow.
Same type of weather her to, thought we were meant to be getting a heatwave this month. Probably a week like in June then back to wind and rain.

Hope the hair goes well Sue.
I reckon you're right Kazz. Done a runner.
brenda do you have any little odd job people about near where you live ? Might cost a tenner.

Stay safe everyone.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2021, 12:56 PM
Good afternoon all.

Actually, been quite a nice morning here with some sunshine. Clouded over a bit now though.

Go on your local Next Door site, Brenda and you'll probably come up with a volunteer who will do the job for you. Surprising how friendly people can be in these hard times

The pansies are flourishing this year. We brought our little statue from the front to the back garden. It's a little boy kneeling and hugging a little Labrador pup. It's really cute and I've been worried about getting it nicked. It's safe in the back garden
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2021, 02:43 PM
Brenda age concern do jobs like that if you like where you live moving seems a little extreme, However have you tried popping a note up in your block foyer asking for assistance. I sau this as where my niece and her chap live a lot of older folks and they pop notes in the foyer asking can someone please "open this jar" and leave a large jar or "My light bulb need changing could someone help" and also vice versa my niece left a note "got a parcel due could someone please take in for me" seems to work very very well. Give and take
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2021, 02:44 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Good afternoon all.

Actually, been quite a nice morning here with some sunshine. Clouded over a bit now though.

Go on your local Next Door site, Brenda and you'll probably come up with a volunteer who will do the job for you. Surprising how friendly people can be in these hard times

The pansies are flourishing this year. We brought our little statue from the front to the back garden. It's a little boy kneeling and hugging a little Labrador pup. It's really cute and I've been worried about getting it nicked. It's safe in the back garden

You can see it better in the back garden Chris. How is the sale coming on?
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2021, 03:01 PM
Well I got my act together and have now spoken to my neighbour in the flats next door and he is going to probably do the battery change when I have them which are coming by the weekend as I ordered them off ebay. Also ordered numbers for the bins which three have now been cleaned and next week another three by a brightnshine company. Also ordered another book to read off ebay. And taken a card round to my new friend whose birthday it is tomorrow. Hoovered the hall down stairs where we come in before getting to our own door. Been naughty today and had chips and fish from the chippy. And why not. Yes I agree about putting ornament in the back garden although we had a bird bath stolen from our back garden at the other house, we know who took it though. But that was in another life. Have a good afternoon peeps and enjoy the footie if you have a mind to watch.Forgot to say if neighbour doesn't do battery change the fire service will do it as I asked about it on my local council website. So if any of you need something done ask the council. They were very helpful.Sometimes I just need a kick up the pants.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2021, 03:24 PM
Afternoon all
Have been mad busy today, went to town and got stuff for dinner and have now made that, mum was worried about dad not eating incase he goes out to watch the football so I offered to do pasta bake....that will be ready about 5. Have cut the front grass, had a drama with my petrol mower but managed to get it done, planted the bamboo mum wanted doing, relaid a little bit of turf that had sunk and was causing issues between mum and dad, put some slate down and just need to do the other side of the lawn but I am knackered so it can wait and have walked the dogs, it's Wednesday so like to keep myself busy, have just took my painkillers and having a sit down with a bottle of water
Kazz.....you watching the match Tonight???
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-07-2021, 04:03 PM
Yes I am Griff are you? To be honest not really a footie fan but this has "captured me" maybe lockdown itis
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >