Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ElaiRs
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-10-2008, 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by Greyhawk View Post
Had They were killed to make way for a new wolf pack
Thats correct. I was gutted when I found out. They were gorgeous animals.

The Alpha male died and the female wouldnt let another male take his place so the pack dynamics broke down causing a lot of fighting. They had them destroyed to make way for a pack of Scandinavian Wolves. Very sad indeed.
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2008, 04:08 PM
There weren't any females, they were all males (if I remember correctly). The HWP gave the excuse they 'weren't display natural behaviour' however the fact of the matter was that they were no longer breeding them as part of a conservation project and wanted to get involved in the conservation of Scandinavian Wolves. Therefore they killed their existing pack to bring in the new wolves (as they didn't have space for both). They waited until the day after the annual Aviemore visit to do this knowing that the people attending would want to see the wolves.
ElaiRs
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-10-2008, 04:23 PM
Yip, I think you are right Greyhawk. If I remember right, the four remaining males were supposed to be moved to Edinburgh Zoo while the 2 new females, they were supposedly getting, were established before reintroducing the 4 males back into the pack. It never happened.
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2008, 08:53 PM
i love wolves smashing pictures
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2008, 11:02 PM
Originally Posted by Greyhawk View Post
There weren't any females, they were all males (if I remember correctly). The HWP gave the excuse they 'weren't display natural behaviour' however the fact of the matter was that they were no longer breeding them as part of a conservation project and wanted to get involved in the conservation of Scandinavian Wolves. Therefore they killed their existing pack to bring in the new wolves (as they didn't have space for both). They waited until the day after the annual Aviemore visit to do this knowing that the people attending would want to see the wolves.
OMG I remember this now, in fact I posted about it at the time as I was so disgusted! How could I be so stupid to not recognise it?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/...ds/5004766.stm
flow-wolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-10-2008, 09:41 AM
gorgeous pics
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5