View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2008, 08:40 PM
Jeeso! £23 a class?! And I thought my £3 (with membership) was expensive for an agility class!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2008, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Nosey away!

SKC is once of the more expensive agility shows, I think. Can't remember off hand how much the classes are. £3 for members and £4 for non members. Something like that! I don't know how much the breed classes are.
breed classes are £26 each dog for the first class with a second class for that dog being £5 then its £4 for the catalogue so to enter holly and kaos in one class each it cost £56
I wish we had classes of three or four quid at champ level
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2008, 08:50 PM
I cant remember now if its £26 or £23 but all champ shows are around that mark,,, its an expensive lark eh
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2008, 08:52 PM
Originally Posted by willowish View Post
HTML Code:
SKC is once of the more expensive agility shows, I think. Can't remember off hand how much the classes are. £3 for members and £4 for non members. Something like that

The breed classes are considerably more at £23.

thanks for that, I can never remember the class costs, lol prob cos I bung em on Dougies card
then there is the car parking fee to think of too,, think thats another couple of quid
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2008, 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
I cant remember now if its £26 or £23 but all champ shows are around that mark,,, its an expensive lark eh
It isn't half. They get their moneys worth!
willowish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2008, 09:57 PM
I had to go and check myself LOL but yes its £23 then catalogue at £4 and carparking is £3.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2008, 11:17 PM
Can I ask how old the springer was approx as I'm assuming you paid admittance. Im pro docking as you know (patch close your eyes ) but if it was under 16 months old cant be shown by law.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2008, 11:41 AM
Originally Posted by morganstar View Post
Can I ask how old the springer was approx as I'm assuming you paid admittance. Im pro docking as you know (patch close your eyes ) but if it was under 16 months old cant be shown by law.
It was an adult ESS, about 3-4 years old I think. Yes, we paid admittance.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2008, 11:43 AM
Here's the reply to my email....a complete joke

Nicola
I have noted your comments and will raise them at our wash up meeting.

It is disappointing to hear that you felt a footballer is not s suitable choice of judge. Mark has dogs of his own and is also a very strong supporter of the charity

You do comment that "if organisers and judges cannot tell the difference" and I agree that we would normally, however in these days of designer dogs it can be extremely difficult to decide what is and is not a pedigree and,in the interest of harmony at ringside, we cannot argue with a handler/owner who presents us with a dog and tells us that it is a crossbreed.

We ourselves currently have a litter of King Charles crosses who are making their way into training. They are most definitely a cross but are remarkably close to the spaniel.

I am disappointed that you have not enjoyed your day and I will speak with the organisers involved and respond

And here's my reply to that

Evie,

Some of the obvious pedigrees in the Scruffts classes were in the pedigree classes with me. The Westie and the Dachshund being just two of them. What does that tell you? They are most obviously pedigrees.

I reiterate, if this footballer does not know the difference between a full pedigree and a crossbreed then he should not be judging the class. The fact the he chose some of these pedigrees for 2nd and 3rd place displays his limited knowledge of dogs and dog breeds. A more suitable judge should have chosen. His judging partner obviously also knew very little.

People that buy these "designer" dogs know what they're buying - whether it be a "Labradoodle" or a "Cockapoo" as it is almost essentially the ridiculous name of the dog they are buying. These crosses look a good bit different to their parentage, even if they're first generation crosses.

As you know, if 1st placed dogs are not able to attend the Scruffts final in November, then 2nd and 3rd placed dogs will have the opportunity to attend. I can just imagine an English Springer Spaniel, a Whippet and a Dachshund competing amongst other genuine crossbreed, they would be laughed out the ring and should rightly be disqualified.

The judges did not even look at the dogs teeth or ears, they did not check their overall health, which the should've done. They did not spend enough time on the class.

This Scruffts heat was travesty in all proportion and something must be done about it.

I will be taking this matter further as I do not like unfairness. This Scruffts heat should be scrapped and another held.

ETA: It's also against the KC rules, isn't it?
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2008, 12:50 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Here's the reply to my email....a complete joke

Nicola
I have noted your comments and will raise them at our wash up meeting.

It is disappointing to hear that you felt a footballer is not s suitable choice of judge. Mark has dogs of his own and is also a very strong supporter of the charity

You do comment that "if organisers and judges cannot tell the difference" and I agree that we would normally, however in these days of designer dogs it can be extremely difficult to decide what is and is not a pedigree and,in the interest of harmony at ringside, we cannot argue with a handler/owner who presents us with a dog and tells us that it is a crossbreed.

We ourselves currently have a litter of King Charles crosses who are making their way into training. They are most definitely a cross but are remarkably close to the spaniel.

I am disappointed that you have not enjoyed your day and I will speak with the organisers involved and respond

And here's my reply to that

Evie,

Some of the obvious pedigrees in the Scruffts classes were in the pedigree classes with me. The Westie and the Dachshund being just two of them. What does that tell you? They are most obviously pedigrees.

I reiterate, if this footballer does not know the difference between a full pedigree and a crossbreed then he should not be judging the class. The fact the he chose some of these pedigrees for 2nd and 3rd place displays his limited knowledge of dogs and dog breeds. A more suitable judge should have chosen. His judging partner obviously also knew very little.

People that buy these "designer" dogs know what they're buying - whether it be a "Labradoodle" or a "Cockapoo" as it is almost essentially the ridiculous name of the dog they are buying. These crosses look a good bit different to their parentage, even if they're first generation crosses.

As you know, if 1st placed dogs are not able to attend the Scruffts final in November, then 2nd and 3rd placed dogs will have the opportunity to attend. I can just imagine an English Springer Spaniel, a Whippet and a Dachshund competing amongst other genuine crossbreed, they would be laughed out the ring and should rightly be disqualified.

The judges did not even look at the dogs teeth or ears, they did not check their overall health, which the should've done. They did not spend enough time on the class.

This Scruffts heat was travesty in all proportion and something must be done about it.

I will be taking this matter further as I do not like unfairness. This Scruffts heat should be scrapped and another held.

ETA: It's also against the KC rules, isn't it?
Ooooer wonder what will come of it? I take it people take this comp quite seriously?
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 33 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »