Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-08-2008, 07:52 PM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
Definitely not ! Quite often entries are sent in for the wrong classes, but out of enthusiasm I must say not out of intent to do wrong, [ enthusiasm is the main reason for entry info not always being read ], and the collators are always on the ball to make sure the right classes have been entered.

I wonder if sometimes organisers of fun shows just don`t want to upset anyone by telling them they are not eligible for this or that class but to me it`s better to tell someone that unfortunately their dog can`t go in x class but please do enter y which they can go in, otherwise a win when technically not eligible means nothing and in the long run, and cheats never prosper, they always get found out eventually.
Anyone making a genuine mistake would surely not be offended or upset at being guided to the correct classes be it real show or virtual
And sometimes when the show secretary writes the wrong details in the thread and then edits it later
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2008, 07:54 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
Im going to have to ask,, was it enter on the day at the show you were at? if so poss people who dont really know how its all ment to work just thought they would go in for a laugh,,

Its the kind of thing a pet owner may do when passing a show, kinda thinking oh lets have a laugh,
just a thought
It was enter on the day, Shona, and there were several stewards and organisers at the Scruffts ring and two judges. Surely between them they could have seen that these dogs I mention were pedigrees and were not eligible for the Scruffts classes. If not, then they should not be running this only Scottish Scruffts heat!

As I've said, it makes a mockey of the whole Scruffts competition. Crossbreeds aren't any less special that pedigrees and should not be treated as such. In fact, they are unique.
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2008, 07:56 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
And sometimes when the show secretary writes the wrong details in the thread and then edits it later

Oi shush, no one`s supposed to spot things like that the show sec has to try to maintain the appearance of being a serene gliding swan on the surface, no one needs to know about the madly thrashing legs underneath
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-08-2008, 07:57 PM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
Oi shush, no one`s supposed to spot things like that the show sec has to try to maintain the appearance of being a serene gliding swan on the surface, no one needs to know about the madly thrashing legs underneath
I just had to show people you're not perfect, dont want you getting a big head now do we.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2008, 08:06 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
It was enter on the day, Shona, and there were several stewards and organisers at the Scruffts ring and two judges. Surely between them they could have seen that these dogs I mention were pedigrees and were not eligible for the Scruffts classes. If not, then they should not be running this only Scottish Scruffts heat!

As I've said, it makes a mockey of the whole Scruffts competition. Crossbreeds aren't any less special that pedigrees and should not be treated as such. In fact, they are unique.
Ah I see, how many scruffts qualifiers where avalable on the day>?
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2008, 08:10 PM
Ah I see, how many scruffts qualifiers where avalable on the day>?
How do you mean? There are 4 classes, classes are placed 1st to 3rd and each 1st Place qualifies you for the Scruffts final in London in November. So, only 4.

The dogs that weren't crossbreeds got placed 2nd and 3rd in some classes, but if 1st can't go, then 2nd goes and so on. I can just see an ESS parading around the ring at Scruffts.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2008, 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
How do you mean? There are 4 classes, classes are placed 1st to 3rd and each 1st Place qualifies you for the Scruffts final in London in November. So, only 4.

The dogs that weren't crossbreeds got placed 2nd and 3rd in some classes, but if 1st can't go, then 2nd goes and so on. I can just see an ESS parading around the ring at Scruffts.
just wondered if it was like at champ shows where a 1st/2nd/3rd in qualifing classes gets you to crufts,
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2008, 08:28 PM
off topic but as Im a nosey git, just wondered how much the agility classes at skc are to enter? are they the same as the show classes?
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2008, 08:33 PM
off topic but as Im a nosey git, just wondered how much the agility classes at skc are to enter? are they the same as the show classes?
Nosey away!

SKC is once of the more expensive agility shows, I think. Can't remember off hand how much the classes are. £3 for members and £4 for non members. Something like that! I don't know how much the breed classes are.
willowish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2008, 08:38 PM
HTML Code:
SKC is once of the more expensive agility shows, I think. Can't remember off hand how much the classes are. £3 for members and £4 for non members. Something like that

The breed classes are considerably more at £23.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 33 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »