Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2008, 02:54 PM
Geez!

It's no-ones bloody business what you look like, surely?

What a bunch of no-neck retards - them, not you.

You both look pretty "normal" (whatever the hell that is) to me, hon

x0x
infamousinuits
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-08-2008, 03:06 PM
well i live on the edge of leeds just where it turns into the country. i thought it would of been more accepting around here considering leeds is a major city is it not?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2008, 03:13 PM
Looking at you in those first pics, you can't even see any tatoos, and as others have said, you look like a perfectly normal young couple to me??? What is WRONG with these people You haven't been answering the door with no clothes on or something though have you??????!!!

How have the dogs been of late? Have they been quiet (ish)??? Has there been any reason for others to join in this hate campaign against you both??? I really can't understand all this it is beyond me!I live in a very small village, everybody knows everybody, been here over 20 years now, and if somebody moved in on the outskirts with all the dogs you've got, even if you were covered from head to foot in piercings and tatoos, nobody would say anything, let alone start a vendetta to get you out, it's quite unbelievable. However, if your dogs were causing havoc, say you took them all out together where our village walks theirs of a morning, then yes, people might start talking, and if we couldn't sleep at night with constant howling of your dogs, then yes, some of us (including me!) would probably get together and get the council round to see if we could quieten things down. Apart from that, it's none of anyone's business what you do, how many dogs you've got (as longas the landlord knows and he does!)or how you choose to live your life if it's not interferring with anyone else's, so stick a finger up to them all!!!! Grrrrrr. Sorry, went off on one a bit there!!!
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2008, 03:17 PM
Originally Posted by infamousinuits View Post
well i live on the edge of leeds just where it turns into the country. i thought it would of been more accepting around here considering leeds is a major city is it not?
I didn't realise that! Yeah, you would have thought so. Is it old people who are giving you a hard time?

Saying that, there are a few farmers round here and they are a strange lot (sorry to any farmers on Dogsey )
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2008, 03:18 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Looking at you in those first pics, you can't even see any tatoos, and as others have said, you look like a perfectly normal young couple to me??? What is WRONG with these people You haven't been answering the door with no clothes on or something though have you??????!!!:shock:

How have the dogs been of late? Have they been quiet (ish)??? Has there been any reason for others to join in this hate campaign against you both??? I really can't understand all this it is beyond me!I live in a very small village, everybody knows everybody, been here over 20 years now, and if somebody moved in on the outskirts with all the dogs you've got, even if you were covered from head to foot in piercings and tatoos, nobody would say anything, let alone start a vendetta to get you out, it's quite unbelievable. However, if your dogs were causing havoc, say you took them all out together where our village walks theirs of a morning, then yes, people might start talking, and if we couldn't sleep at night with constant howling of your dogs, then yes, some of us (including me!) would probably get together and get the council round to see if we could quieten things down. Apart from that, it's none of anyone's business what you do, how many dogs you've got (as longas the landlord knows and he does!)or how you choose to live your life if it's not interferring with anyone else's, so stick a finger up to them all!!!! Grrrrrr. Sorry, went off on one a bit there!!!
My guess is if she had been doing this there would have been no complaints and lots of people knocking at the door!! LOL
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2008, 03:22 PM
Wow, reading the earlier threads I thought you lived in the back woods of Texas, not bloody Leeds!

Your neighbours sound like the real weirdos here.
infamousinuits
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-08-2008, 03:37 PM
to be honest it feels like im living in a little horror movie!! you know the kind that usually end up with soemone stranded in a little village in america and they cant escape. The dogs have been very quiet. we have recordings and the only dogs barking are the farmers up the road who has puppies (lots of them ) Various people have been out to listen even the council themselves and all they can hear are other peoples dogs. most people wouldnt even guess our dogs are here! I thought i looked pretty normal aswell. Im usually allways coverd up with my tattoos unless its extra hot but then i cover them anyway because i dont want to get burnt.
infamousinuits
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-08-2008, 03:39 PM
Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
Wow, reading the earlier threads I thought you lived in the back woods of Texas, not bloody Leeds!

Your neighbours sound like the real weirdos here.
its exactly what it feels like. The poslice came round a little while ago but they said that the people making the threats are outstanding members who have done a lot for the community..so...well that says it all really as to where we stand!
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2008, 03:45 PM
If they are cream of society then I don't wanna be!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2008, 03:49 PM
It might be one of those villages then where they just don't like newcomers??? Maybe that's why this place became vacant coz the previous tenants had the same problems with whatever even if they didn't have dogs, maybe they had a shetland pony or something.

I remember when we first moved to this one, and because I'm on a corner there is a small close which goes along the side of my house and up the back. They had a Residents Association, and the flack that was thrown at me!!!! I had the Planning Officer round with a great big thick file with numerous photo's of my horse lorry and catering trailers parked along the side in this close, and of course I was on the defensive with him thinking the worst. Turned out, he asked me if I was aware that I owned half of the road on the side of my properly (it is unadopted)and I told him I knew that, but did THEY know that??? To which he replied, "well, they will when I tell them, and also tell them you can park what the h*ll you like all the way down along the side of your perimeter!!! I won the day there with them, which only made things worse. I tried to join said Association, but they wouldn't let me because my address is the front of my property, not the Close at the side, so I decided to fight them with everything I had. Been a long, long battle but they're now all nice and pie tome and quiver in their boots if I'm upset about something! Lol!

I kind of got the impression back in those days, that because we were only 30 and they were a lot older, they sort of thought, how dare they have a house as nice as ours when they're that young, let alone my horse lorry and new trailers stuck out there. I'm wondering if these people too might be a tad jealous that you're so young and maybe have a lot more than them? People in some villages can be a bit strange to say the least, and a lot of them don't like newcomers, just like they didn't like us when we first came here. I dread to think howmuch longer it could have gone on for us if I hadn't of stood my ground with them and fought them every inch of the way, we might even have got so fed up with it, and moved on. I hope you don't, I hope you manage to stick it out, it sounds well worth it having all that lovely space for the dogs. Keep the doors locked and to h*ll with 'em!!!!
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 38 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »