Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
You misread my post, I wasnt talking about you, I said the second quote
In that instance, I dont see the point of quoting my post
bajaluna
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-06-2008, 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by shiba View Post
I think your attitude is appalling, on almost every thread you have put up, wonder what you would have said if it had killed the child......stupid parents i expect till next time....... i would have had that dog put down in an hour also, i am curious why it was locked in a bedroom anyway, It had obviousley had issues before. so this probabley wasn't the first time it had given you the warnings of this happening.
He was locked in the bedroom whenever I left the ranch,it was our routine he loved sleeping on the bed, normally he worked the ranch with us but because the kids were there I left him in the house,gave him the week off because I knew he was scared of children,up till that point he would run away from them,and had he been in the yard thats probably what he would have done but they had him cornered in the guest house so he protected himself as I HAD FAILED TO DO SO
hope that satisfied your curiosity and yes it was very stupid of the parents to ignore me,enter my house without permission bet they wont do that again
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2008, 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by bajaluna View Post
He did only bite her once he was a big dog she was a small child now what do you say?
I dont have to justify it to anyone we lived in the middle of nowhere on 5000 acres the kids and their stupid parents were guests,the dog was locked up they turned it loose
That makes no difference in my eyes,

Do you know how and what it's like to experience the mental scars that go with a dog attack?

A 12 yr old boy that every time he tries to go to sleep all he can see is a huge dog standing over him,waking in the middle of the night screaming and crying.
Literally shaking from head to foot everytime a dog comes near him,It's not pleasant I can assure you.

I still stand by what I said any dog who bites a child should in my opinion be PTS.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2008, 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
In that instance, I dont see the point of quoting my post
Nope nor me, but couldnt be bothered to pick the bits out I did want to quote so just hit the quote button.
bajaluna
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-06-2008, 07:01 PM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
That makes no difference in my eyes,

Do you know how and what it's like to experience the mental scars that go with a dog attack?

A 12 yr old boy that every time he tries to go to sleep all he can see is a huge dog standing over him,waking in the middle of the night screaming and crying.
Literally shaking from head to foot everytime a dog comes near him,It's not pleasant I can assure you.

I still stand by what I said any dog who bites a child should in my opinion be PTS.
yes I DO I was bitten as a child and spent a whole month in hospital no the dogs fault I remeber it clearly even now I went up and grabbed a dog I didnt know it bit me big suprise still not the dogs fault and he wasnt put to sleep
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2008, 07:06 PM
Originally Posted by bajaluna View Post
He was locked in the bedroom whenever I left the ranch,it was our routine he loved sleeping on the bed, normally he worked the ranch with us but because the kids were there I left him in the house,gave him the week off because I knew he was scared of children,up till that point he would run away from them,and had he been in the yard thats probably what he would have done but they had him cornered in the guest house so he protected himself as I HAD FAILED TO DO SO
hope that satisfied your curiosity and yes it was very stupid of the parents to ignore me,enter my house without permission bet they wont do that again:grin:
It may have been a stupid move on the parents side, but i am sure they will have to live with that till the day they die.

As for you, you have no sympathy, no sadness for what your dog did to this child is unbelievable, you even seem to be quite pleased - unbelievable. I have reported you as i feel the smiles after such appalling quotes should not be on this forum!!
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2008, 07:10 PM
I'm still 100% with you on this bajaluna.

There is NOTHING ok about a dog attacking a child, but why should Bajaluna have been punished by losing her best friend when it was the child's mother's fault??

Sal, I hear what you're saying about a child who's been attacked and am in no way trying to make it seem less of a problem but what good would having a dog pts do?? There are millions and millions of other dogs out there, under less control so having one destroyed is not going to help with a fear of dogs.

It was the mother's fault, why should bajaluna have suffered by the loss of her friend??

I 100% agree that a dog should not be allowed to attack a child, but this dog wasn't allowed - he was locked up in a place he felt comfortable and the situation explained to the parents of the children.

What I really can't see is what good would come of having such a dog destroyed and why, if you should have a dog that's attacked destroyed, you shouldn't have any dog that shows any level of aggression destroyed?!

My point being - destroying a dog after an attack is useless, it's already attacked. Fair enough, if you don't feel you can control that dog but if your lifestyle allows you to and you are able to, then why not keep it?

Knowing Takara, I know she'd be uncomfortable when cornered by a group of kids (she just keeps away from them) but she would snap at the air and it'd take a lot for her to go any further. On top of that, she has fantastic bite inhibition so if she did bite, it wouldn't even break the skin but it would scare a child off and allow her to get free.

I adore her though - she's my life saver and my best friend and if someone broke into my house and threatened her enough for her to seriously hurt them then there is no way I'd let her be destroyed without putting up a fight!!
bajaluna
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-06-2008, 07:14 PM
Originally Posted by Lottie View Post
I'm still 100% with you on this bajaluna.

There is NOTHING ok about a dog attacking a child, but why should Bajaluna have been punished by losing her best friend when it was the child's mother's fault??

Sal, I hear what you're saying about a child who's been attacked and am in no way trying to make it seem less of a problem but what good would having a dog pts do?? There are millions and millions of other dogs out there, under less control so having one destroyed is not going to help with a fear of dogs.

It was the mother's fault, why should bajaluna have suffered by the loss of her friend??

I 100% agree that a dog should not be allowed to attack a child, but this dog wasn't allowed - he was locked up in a place he felt comfortable and the situation explained to the parents of the children.

What I really can't see is what good would come of having such a dog destroyed and why, if you should have a dog that's attacked destroyed, you shouldn't have any dog that shows any level of aggression destroyed?!

My point being - destroying a dog after an attack is useless, it's already attacked. Fair enough, if you don't feel you can control that dog but if your lifestyle allows you to and you are able to, then why not keep it?

Knowing Takara, I know she'd be uncomfortable when cornered by a group of kids (she just keeps away from them) but she would snap at the air and it'd take a lot for her to go any further. On top of that, she has fantastic bite inhibition so if she did bite, it wouldn't even break the skin but it would scare a child off and allow her to get free.

I adore her though - she's my life saver and my best friend and if someone broke into my house and threatened her enough for her to seriously hurt them then there is no way I'd let her be destroyed without putting up a fight!!
Thanks Lottie thats exactly how I feel but you said it way better than me,the little girl is all grown up now and brought her quartet to play at my wedding xxxxx
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2008, 07:16 PM
Yes I know what it's like to be seriously mauled by a dog, when I was a child too. To a point I am still wary of certain dogs, but I wouldn't let it ruin or run my life.

Question for anyone really :

If one of the dogs that you own right now were in the same position and was let out by a stranger, then cornered by strange children and in it's defence, it bit one of them, what would you do ?

If it were me I would want to know why my dog was let out in the first place, and I would want to know what triggered my dog. In Bajaluna's case or anyone else in this position, they KNEW their dog was scared of children, and any animal who is scared can behave this way.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2008, 07:21 PM
If my dog did enough damage to a child that required 50 stitches in its face, it would be dead in a flash. No questions asked.
Closed Thread
Page 6 of 31 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 > Last »