Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2008, 07:13 PM
Originally Posted by kcjack View Post
So your dog bit the childs face for no reason at all and you kept it but then again in your profile you admit you give your dogs no training at all just shame a little girl got 50 stitches.
And this lady broke into your house with a crowbar or something did she just to see your dog , PLEASE
For no reason obvious to us - but most likely a good enough reason for the dog! Just because you don't think something should upset a dog doesn't mean it doesn't!

And yes - there is no reason she should have a pet that may well have been totally devoted and loving with her, destroyed because some woman couldn't keep her hands to herself.

No - the child didn't deserve to be disfigured, but hopefully her mother will bear that guilt with her and it will remind her not to trespass and go behind people's backs to try to prove a point. Just a shame the silly cow could only learn by having her daughter disfigured and most likely mentally scarred - poor girl.

That dog may have been mistreated by children in the past, and something totally innocent could set the dog off purely because it reminds that dog of what a child did in the past. I knew someone with a German Shepherd that had been hit with a stick and she had to be very careful as kids were often running about waving sticks.

So get off your high horse - Bajaluna had a dog that was most likely completely loving to her and lead a happy life with her and there's no reason she should lose such a companion because someone else can't resist entering HER property and letting that dog out - against her wishes.

And just because she didn't need to break in with a crowbar doesn't mean she had any right at all to be there! A grown adult should know better!
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2008, 07:26 PM
Well obviously Lottie we have different views I put a higher price on a childs life. So she locked the bedroom door and the outdoor door and the nurse still got in...HUmmmmmm
This dog was known aggressive and then did 50 stitches worth of damage to a little girl IMO there are to many good dogs out there needing homes than to keep a savage dog. And as a responsible dog owner I would not own such a dog.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2008, 07:43 PM
Well obviously Lottie we have different views I put a higher price on a childs life. So she locked the bedroom door and the outdoor door and the nurse still got in...HUmmmmmm
This dog was known aggressive and then did 50 stitches worth of damage to a little girl IMO there are to many good dogs out there needing homes than to keep a savage dog. And as a responsible dog owner I would not own such a dog.
That is your opinion and you are perfectly entitled to hold it and air it. It`s what forums are for. I however disagree with you - and certainly am offended by your implication that you are a superior being in holding aan opposite view.
Can we get back OT and stop slanging matches? It was getting interesting before the personal attacks started.
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2008, 07:52 PM
I just find it wrong saying it ok for a dog to put 50 stitches in a kids face, and I thought this thread was discussing outcomes of dogs growling and showing aggression.
So as you disagree ClaireandDaisy we cant mention it thought only mods decided things like that.
arctic.wolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-06-2008, 07:53 PM

have to totally agree with you on this, an innocent child needing 50 stitches, what is wrong with you people, are you not just a little shocked.

Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2008, 08:08 PM
Originally Posted by bajaluna View Post
background is nobodys biz but mine,if I say it was the mothers fault it was
Absolutely, but if you make a statement like 'my dog bit a child's face and the child had 50 stitches' what sort of reaction do you expect?

Obviously it's up to you what you post, but I think kcjack's response was reasonable considering the information we were given in your initial post

ETA: Dogs can attack for no reason - I was attacked as a child by a bull mastiff. The attack was completely unprovoked and this same dog had attacked 2 other children before me. It was even bred from after the attacks and was never PTS.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2008, 11:33 PM
I just find it wrong saying it ok for a dog to put 50 stitches in a kids face,

WHERE did ANYONE say that it was OK ???

and I thought this thread was discussing outcomes of dogs growling and showing aggression.
So as you disagree ClaireandDaisy we cant mention it thought only mods decided things like that.
The point ClaireandDaisy was making is that regardless of what this post is about, you are deliberately picking on a member and trying to make them feel inferior by owning the dog they have, responsibly I might add. You've made your judgemental feelings quite clear, several times, you've made your point, so now the thread can get back on topic with regards to the OPs issue, NOT Bajaluna's
bajaluna
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-06-2008, 12:43 AM
Originally Posted by Lottie View Post
Sorry - I do now know the circumstances and it's exactly because of things like that that I refuse to judge without knowing the full story.

bajaluna, that's something I'd never thought could happen - you'd think she wouldn't risk it with her own children if you'd already told her!

Just goes to show there's not always an easy answer to things and no, I don't blame you at all for not having that dog pts - I wouldn't lose my best friend because of someone else's idiocy either.
Thankyou hun America is a different breed of loud obnoxious rude Idiots
she thought because it was my first dog and she had had dogs all her life that she knew better than me,I never expected someone to be so rude as to just walk in my house for no reason,the house was locked and the dog was in the bedroom as was my routine when I Left him,however as all the adults knew, was a key under the plantpot so if there was a fire someone could get him out
I didnt put him to sleep because he was my responsibility not the child,he was my first dog and he was fearfull of people so I Over compensated and spoiled him therefore I made him that way,and I had no problems with him he was lovley to all people he was introduced to properly by me,he was scared of children and everyone on the ranch knew this
I did my part and didnt see why my baby should Die,because american people think they are the best and have no manners to boot
edited to say :and it seems there are people like this in england too
bajaluna
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-06-2008, 12:48 AM
He was a loving pet to me not a savage dog that is a very ignorant statement as you didnt know the dog at all,and I choose not to have any kids so dont need to be responsible for all the kids of the stupid parents out there.
bajaluna
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-06-2008, 12:51 AM
I just find it wrong saying it ok for a dog to put 50 stitches in a kids face, and I thought this thread was discussing outcomes of dogs growling and showing aggression.
I didnt say it was OK I just posted it happened to answer the OPs question so lets get off our high horses and back on topic OP posted a serious question she needs an answer to
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 31 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »