View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2008, 05:58 PM
That's not what I'm saying. If you read my post I said 'if you knew the dog to be aggressive and it hadn't yet bitten anyone'.

In this argument - all aggressive dogs should be destroyed even before anything happens whereas you're saying it should only be destroyed after it's done the damage.

That doesn't save children's lives or prevent bites does it?

IMO children (and the rest of the public) need educating about dogs! We had a two little girls run upto ours the other day right into their faces without asking or anything and all their guardian could say was 'oh she's not mine, she's the next door neighbours' so?!

If kids were educated about dogs, more children would be alive imo.
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2008, 06:01 PM
No I feel the dog should of been PTS after biting the girls face
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2008, 06:05 PM
I think if Bajaluna makes a statement like that without giving the background to the story, then people are going to be shocked. Maybe that's why she posted it
bajaluna
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-06-2008, 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by kcjack View Post
If my dog put 50 stitches in a little girls face then I would PTS I am afraid if it happened once could happen again and what if next time it killed a child??
like I SAID IN THE FIRST POST IT WAS THE MOTHERS FAULT NOT THE DOGS OR MINE
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2008, 06:44 PM
Sorry but agree to differ, your dog your responsibility, you knew it was aggressive.
No child deserves to be disfigured for life.
bajaluna
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-06-2008, 06:52 PM
Am I the only person shocked by that comment. You had a dog you knew to be aggressive and it put 50 stitches in a little girls face and its "o well was mothers fault" well sorry but as the owner you are responsible for your dog not the little girls mother.
I guess you all need it spelled out if I say it was the mothers fault it was,I was being responsible
the dog was in my house locked in the bedroom because the childred came over to swim in the pool and they were in the other house on the same property,I explained to the mother where the dog was and why and then I went riding,
30 mins later I came back and my dog was gone,I went to the other house and there was my dog, the mother who was a nurse said I felt sorry for the dog locked up so I went into your house and got him he cant be that bad look hes fine and just as she said it he attacked he 3yr old
and thats the story like it or lump it so to all you who rushed to judgement on me hear this
I dont have kids so I can have a kid killing dog if i want,if a supposedly intelligent lady with 5 kids can break into my air conditioned house to take said dog over to play with her kids even though she knew the dog and knew what he could do then It is her fault not mine
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2008, 06:53 PM
Sorry but agree to differ, your dog your responsibility, you knew it was aggressive.
No child deserves to be disfigured for life.
Wouldn't it be lovely if things really were this simple?

I don't know the circumstances therefore it's not my place to judge - nor is it yours.
bajaluna
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-06-2008, 06:53 PM
Originally Posted by Sarah27 View Post
I think if Bajaluna makes a statement like that without giving the background to the story, then people are going to be shocked. Maybe that's why she posted it
background is nobodys biz but mine,if I say it was the mothers fault it was
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2008, 06:58 PM
Sorry - I do now know the circumstances and it's exactly because of things like that that I refuse to judge without knowing the full story.

bajaluna, that's something I'd never thought could happen - you'd think she wouldn't risk it with her own children if you'd already told her!

Just goes to show there's not always an easy answer to things and no, I don't blame you at all for not having that dog pts - I wouldn't lose my best friend because of someone else's idiocy either.
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2008, 07:01 PM
So your dog bit the childs face for no reason at all and you kept it but then again in your profile you admit you give your dogs no training at all just shame a little girl got 50 stitches.
And this lady broke into your house with a crowbar or something did she just to see your dog , PLEASE
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 31 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »