Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: do you think 12 weeks is to young to neuter a puppy
yes 83 83.00%
no 12 12.00%
dont know 2 2.00%
sitting on the fence 3 3.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 37 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2007, 04:09 PM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post

Edited to add : Why on earth would you have a Hamster 'done' ??? Hamsters can't live together, and have to be kept separate, so why ??
hysterectomy's arent done just for neutering I had one because I had fibroids/severe bleeding.
AnneUK
Almost a Veteran
Female 

31-10-2007, 05:46 PM
Summary of studies carried out on early neutering

Absolutely no difference between neutering a pup at 7 weeks to neutering a pup at 7 months, apart from the fact that the younger they are the quicker they heal and recover, as-well as being psychologically less traumatic. The vets I have come across that won't early neuter is not because they disagree with it but purely that they don't feel confident doing the surgery at this age as it's still a relatively new concept in this country. Early neutering has been carried out in the states for over two decades and is now common practice. No negative effects have been reported from neutering at 7 weeks compared to 7 months but positive effects have been recorded!

I've yet to come across a breeder though that agrees with early neutering
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2007, 05:52 PM
Originally Posted by Zetacharlie View Post
hysterectomy's arent done just for neutering I had one because I had fibroids/severe bleeding.
Are the rolling eyes really necessary ????

I was asking about a Hamster not you and correct me if I'm wrong, but you're not a Hamster !
AnneUK
Almost a Veteran
Female 

31-10-2007, 05:53 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
http://www.caninesports.com/SpayNeuter.html
Interesting reading also.
This opinion (of one vet) does not condem early neutering but is condemng neutering before a dog reaches sexual maturity at 18 months of age.
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2007, 06:04 PM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
Are the rolling eyes really necessary ????

I was asking about a Hamster not you and correct me if I'm wrong, but you're not a Hamster !
yes the rolling eyes are necessary -for you. Is everything a joke with you ? You seem to have cornered the market in snide replies. Are you female because if you are then I would be worried as you seem to be confrontational in just about all of your posts- not just on this thread. You remind me more of a frustrated male ............Do you have to try and cause trouble in all your replies because you seem to be trying very hard to.BTW Im not the only person on this forum who thinks so. Grow up.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2007, 06:09 PM
Good grief! Of course it's way too young, in my opinion. Surely a pup of that age is still developing - it hardly needs anything removed........
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2007, 06:12 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Good grief! Of course it's way too young, in my opinion. Surely a pup of that age is still developing - it hardly needs anything removed........
Well said , Vicki xxdk
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2007, 06:15 PM
Lets keep it polite guys, or the thread will only end up locked
Its a very important informative and educational thread, [ whichever side of the fence people are on ], far too important to risk losing because of slight clashes in posting styles
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2007, 06:45 PM
Originally Posted by Zetacharlie View Post
yes the rolling eyes are necessary -for you. Is everything a joke with you ? You seem to have cornered the market in snide replies. Are you female because if you are then I would be worried as you seem to be confrontational in just about all of your posts- not just on this thread. You remind me more of a frustrated male ............Do you have to try and cause trouble in all your replies because you seem to be trying very hard to.BTW Im not the only person on this forum who thinks so. Grow up.
Thats a bit harsh I think....everyone is entitled to express their opinion.
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2007, 07:35 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Thats a bit harsh I think....everyone is entitled to express their opinion.
I dont think its a bit harsh-Im sick to death of bullies on this forum and others. Malady NEVER posts about their dogs or anything to do with them- only on threads to wind people up. Im tired of these people being defended.
This idiot has upset lots of forum members and im not prepared to allow this to continue .So Im out of here as I hate to see bullies being held up as heroes. Good-bye.
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 37 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »