Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2007, 03:41 PM
Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
i dont think there is anything wrong with Reputable breeders who want to make ther lines better and who do all health testing etc.

it is the people who just let there dogs have puppies and sell them on.

mostly i blame the people who buy these dogs then relaise what hard work it is then have to give them up to rescues.

i feel sorry for genuine people who once had a dog they loved but fall on hard times and have to give them to rescues.

I myself wouldnt go to a rescue, i am a first time owner and i want to start from a puppy age and grow up with my dog, if a dog i picked at a rescue had problems i would have no idea how to deal with them.

maybe when im more experienced i would consider a rescue dog.

i also would love to start showing, and i know i would have to go to a Reputable breeder for that.

everyone has different opinions and if you dont agree with them it doesnt make them wrong.
well said, Im not very good at putting into text what I'm meaning to say!!!
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-08-2007, 03:42 PM
Originally Posted by annajennison View Post
This argument doesn't seem to be getting anywhere in my opinion!!!!!
I agree, but i would urge you to look into this opinion, it isnt just mine, but that of a lot of rescues.
Thank you for your time, it has been interesting reading your views and i will also look into yours further.

Kindest regards
and happy lives with all your dogs
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-08-2007, 03:43 PM
I agree, but please look into breed rescue, there you can get a pup and you can then show it too.
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-08-2007, 03:45 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
I agree I think someone is a bit too blinkered to see what we are saying!
Becky
Thats just rude, i feel the same way. I understand what your saying, but i just dont agree. I have looked into this subject thoroughly and am not just here to have a go, i truly beleive what i say and am heartbroken to see all the dogs that get put down.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2007, 03:46 PM
Originally Posted by tinkladyv View Post
You can get puppies from rescue!
Can I get a quality miniature poodle puppy from health tested parents registered with the KC from rescue?
Becky
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

I must say I have seen pups in rescue's...but very rarely a pedigree?? And as far as I was aware (I may be wrong) To show professionally the dog will need to have papers and be KC reg?? Is this the cas with rescue pups?? I personally only wish to do agility with Flower but I know many members on here show pro!
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

Your text was fine, just want people to understand that rescue does not equal problem and that you dont have to go to a breeder to get a wonderful dog!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Again i never said breeding should stop altogether, but that all the healthy dogs already around should be homed first!
that was not clear in this statement:-

If we stopped breeding and just got rescues, then healthy dogs would not have to be destroyed.
with regard to the rest of your post

Again a common misconception, it is fairly easy for staff at rescues to get to know dogs and decide on their temprement, they are very good at this.
At a good rescue, quite probably, but not all have the time and experience - I didn't get any help or assistance with the issues we had when we got Hoki.

Also, I don't think you will ever really see a dog's true temprement until it is in a home.

Mixed breeds make excellent dogs!!!!!!!!!!

I do agree with this. However, I still maintain that you don't know what you are getting and the element of them being unwanted will be higher as they "grow too big" or become "too boisterous" for the owner.

I have also worked with many "so called" bad tempered
dogs etc and have never not found a cure. I think its mans excuse.
I take my hat off to you then - there can't be many that can honestly say that they have 'cured' every dog they have tried to help.

Yes, some are returned with feeble excuses but there are dogs with issues - caused by man probably, but genuine nevertheless.

I'm afraid although there are parts I agree with, your arguments will not get me to change my views on ethical breeding, nor, I suspect will I get you to change yours.
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-08-2007, 03:50 PM
I must say I have seen pups in rescue's...but very rarely a pedigree?? And as far as I was aware (I may be wrong) To show professionally the dog will need to have papers and be KC reg?? Is this the cas with rescue pups?? I personally only wish to do agility with Flower but I know many members on here show pro!
Some are KC reg. May i suggest you look on the many tears rescue website, they have many pedigrees and many pedigree pups, and do agility as well with them. They update everyday and im sure you would get an ideal pup there. If not google it, there are so many breed rescues.
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-08-2007, 03:51 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Can I get a quality miniature poodle puppy from health tested parents registered with the KC from rescue?
Becky
Well try many tears for starters and then breed rescue, im sure you will have some luck!
Could i ask why you need this perfect poodle anyhow?
Page 5 of 32 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »