Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-08-2007, 09:05 AM
Originally Posted by tinkladyv View Post
I would appreciate you letting me know the outcomes.
Mny many thanks for your help.
Were you able to make contact, did you get anywhere with this?
Thanks
Gemma
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-10-2007, 11:23 AM
I refuse to have people dictating to me what dog I can and can't have. My present puppy goes back to breeding lines I have known for 40 years. Very few of my breed end up in rescue, those that do are usually ex breeding bitches from puppy farms, if you contact our breed rescue you will find it is almost impossible to get a dog and never a puppy.

Many Tears have one
11-10-07 Guava is a 5 year old schnauzer. She has been used for breeding and as no longer required she has been given to us to rehome. She is good with dogs and very sweet, but no idea how to walk on a lead or about life in a house so will need to be helped. She has a cataract over one eye, but the other is fine.

UPDATE 12-10-07
Guava went to the vets today. She has a very bad cataract in one eye and one starting in the other. We are not sure this is even operable. If the good eye deteriorates considerably we would try to pay, or at least chip in to pay, for any possible surgery. Please call if you would like to give this lovely dog the benefit of your love and a special home.

PLEASE NOTE - To adopt a dog from Many Tears Animal Rescue you will be home checked, you and all members of your family and any dogs who will be living with the dog MUST come to meet the new dog. If adopting a puppy you will need to provide details of training classes in your area. If you are interest in adopting please call the rescue centre between 10am and 4pm on 01269 843084. We are unable to return phone calls so please try again if your call is not answered or email us at sw.vanatta@virgin.net.
perrodeagua
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-10-2007, 03:35 PM
There are plenty off pedigrees at rescues, i know of many collies and labradors needing homes right now in rescue and i have only ever had rescues - two ex breeding bitches and a blind and deaf collie from a so called reputable breeder(who advertises herself as such), who continues to breed from two solid merles!
How about we all get over having a purebread and get a cross breed, after all arent they all as deserving and loveable as pedigrees????
Surely if we all had to go through rescues, we could be sure of good homes, no dogs would have to be desroyed and then if there was a need to breed, it could be controlled, so that no dog had to be put down simply because a person was bored of it or couldnt be bothered anymore.
I am not saying you are not checking homes etc, but why dont you rescue instead of breed, if its not about the money???

If she's a reputable breeder I wonder why she has to advertise? I never do, although I actually don't breed very often.
AnneUK
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-10-2007, 11:35 AM
Excellent posts by tinkladyv :smt023 I completely agree with you.
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-10-2007, 11:42 AM
Originally Posted by AnneUK View Post
Excellent posts by tinkladyv :smt023 I completely agree with you.
Thank you
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-10-2007, 08:31 PM
I refuse to have people dictating to me what dog I can and can't have. My present puppy goes back to breeding lines I have known for 40 years. Very few of my breed end up in rescue, those that do are usually ex breeding bitches from puppy farms, if you contact our breed rescue you will find it is almost impossible to get a dog and never a puppy.

Many Tears have one
11-10-07 Guava is a 5 year old schnauzer. She has been used for breeding and as no longer required she has been given to us to rehome. She is good with dogs and very sweet, but no idea how to walk on a lead or about life in a house so will need to be helped. She has a cataract over one eye, but the other is fine.

UPDATE 12-10-07
Guava went to the vets today. She has a very bad cataract in one eye and one starting in the other. We are not sure this is even operable. If the good eye deteriorates considerably we would try to pay, or at least chip in to pay, for any possible surgery. Please call if you would like to give this lovely dog the benefit of your love and a special home.

PLEASE NOTE - To adopt a dog from Many Tears Animal Rescue you will be home checked, you and all members of your family and any dogs who will be living with the dog MUST come to meet the new dog. If adopting a puppy you will need to provide details of training classes in your area. If you are interest in adopting please call the rescue centre between 10am and 4pm on 01269 843084. We are unable to return phone calls so please try again if your call is not answered or email us at sw.vanatta@virgin.net.
And another:
OATIS

16-10-07 Oatis is a 15 week old schnauzer pup. He was given to us as his breeder had not sold him. He is a very cheeky fellow. Very cute indeed.

Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2007, 08:55 PM
but both of these dogs would fall into the category of not coming from reputable breeders. A reputable breeder doesn't palm off their breeding stock nor dump unsold puppies on rescue.
Becky
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-10-2007, 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
but both of these dogs would fall into the category of not coming from reputable breeders. A reputable breeder doesn't palm off their breeding stock nor dump unsold puppies on rescue.
Becky
I totally agree, but all dog breeds do end up in rescues, even puppies
Page 32 of 32 « First < 22 29 30 31 32