View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

25-07-2007, 03:47 PM
Oh Ramble I am sorry to hear about Mo. That is a lovely photo you put up. I think you are doing the right thing. If nothing can be done - then he should enjoy himself while he can.

Please give him huge hugs from me, bless him.

Take care and thinking about you and Mo.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2007, 03:56 PM
What a situtation to be in.
All I can say is if it were one of mine I;d rather knock them out and x-ray to find out what was wrong then if not a good prognosis (quality first remember) then I'd just be with them when they let them go. I couldn't bring them round only to be PTS later.
However, you have to do what you feel is right.
Thinking of you.
Becky
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2007, 04:43 PM
Oh Ailsa I don't know what to say to you. It's such a hard decision. I've typed two different answers to your question and deleted them both because neither of them is ideal. Maybe you should ask some questions of yourself and make your decision based upon the answers?

What does Mo's immediate future hold if you do nothing for now?
What does Mo's immediate future hold if you do the GA, it's bad news, she wakes up but it might be treatable?

I just want to send you lots of love and hugs and I know whatever you decide to do will be the right thing for you and Mo.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2007, 06:57 PM
I can't stop crying. i've held it together all day as my son has had his friend round.
Morris is going in for x rays, blood tests and an endoscopy first thing tomorrow morning. My OH is taking him. Me and my son will say our goodbyes before he leaves the house, just in case. My OH can stay while he has his premed so he will be pretty conked out before he leaves him. If the news is really bad they'll phone and we'll tell them to let him go. I'm bracing myself for the worst, anything else is then a bonus.
My OH is in the park with him and Biffters now. I doubt he'll be able to walk back in the house.
He had chicken and pasta for tea and on the positive side he wolfed it down! At one point this afternoon he was wanting to join the children playing in the garden.
Hard to believe 2 or 3 weeks ago he came second in waggiest tail at the Dogs Trust Open Day huh???

Thanks for all your lovely messages guys, really there was no decision to be made was there? He has to have the tests done doesn't he.

OH is back...he had a short walk then lay down and wouldn't move, he had to carry him back to the car. Thats not my Mo.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-07-2007, 07:00 PM
You know where we all are, make the most just in case, the last thing you want is to regret any thing now.
For what its worth, i think your doing the right thing.
Take care.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2007, 07:02 PM
(((((((BIG HUGS))))))) thinking of you.
Becky
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2007, 07:02 PM
Thanks Leo, it's worth a lot you saying that I value the opinion of all of you. I have to do the best I can by this dog, he has seen me through the worst of times, with a wag and by licking away my tears...just can't let him see these ones it wouldn't be fair.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2007, 07:03 PM
Thanks Becky. xxx
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-07-2007, 07:04 PM
Your are doing your best for him, its never easy but thats why your bond is so strong.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-07-2007, 07:06 PM
Thanks Leo.....gonna have to pull myself together and go lie on tyhe floor with him for our ususal tickles. Must stop the tears frist though. x
Page 5 of 33 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »