View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2007, 03:31 PM
Know one is making excuses, its just we understand not everyone is perfect and make mistakes we just don't want too punish them anymore than they already have been.

And for the record there was absolutely know change in my Friends Dog before it attacked, the Dog was its usual Happy healthy self right up to the attack she has owned Dogs for 30 and was always very aware of her Dogs when her children were about. Another sweeping statement.

Anyway my thoughts and sympathy are with the little Girl her family and of course the Dog.

I don't want to Turn this into a argument when None of us yet know the facts.
teenytiny
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-01-2007, 03:48 PM
Originally Posted by teenytiny View Post
In a situation like this, there is always a cause to the problem, but without the in's and out's to the whole event, we will never know who is to blame.
I will stick to this original statement that I made.

My British Bulldog was ill for a while, he had had a few strokes, and I knew he wasn't right. He was always the most laid back dog I knew, but one day he turned on me and went for me. That's when I knew he was too ill, and I took him along to the vets who discovered he had had another stroke and his gums were pale blue. He had suffered slight brain damage, bless him. That is the reason his behaviour changed that day.

Anyway, let's stick to the track of the thread. The thread is about a 5 year old being attacked, and dying from injuries obtained from a Pitbull type dog, not about dog breeds behaviour

My heart goes out to that lil girl
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2007, 03:59 PM
That was you and your Dog you noticed a change, there was not a change in her Dog, And I have no reason to Doubt her. Not every thing is black and White.

Lets agree to disagree until we know the facts, they might be totally at fault but my God what a thing to have to live with I'm sure no matter how irresposable they "may" have been they never meant for this too happen.

RIP Little Angle
teenytiny
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-01-2007, 04:05 PM
Originally Posted by Amie View Post
That was you and your Dog you noticed a change, there was not a change in her Dog, And I have no reason to Doubt her. Not every thing is black and White.

Lets agree to disagree until we know the facts, they might be totally at fault but my God what a thing to have to live with I'm sure no matter how irresposable they "may" have been they never meant for this too happen.

RIP Little Angle
I agree.
By god, no way was this meant to happen.
xxx R.I.P lil girl xxx
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

01-01-2007, 04:14 PM
Tinytiny
Thanks for post 32 - I was also considering posting about a dog I owned many years ago. She was a black Labrador, the sweetest dog you could ever have had, the one and only time she went for me was after she was bitten by a poisonous snake. Her eyes went all white & we thought she was going to die.

Let's not start an acrimonious debate, we don't know all the facts, we probably never will. There is always a reason for a dog attack but us mere humans may not always know what is. We think we're clever, we can fly to the moon, send messages around the world in seconds, but that does not always mean we know what is happening in a dogs mind.
petebren
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2007, 04:17 PM
Just heared this on the news, its dreadful. Its also ammunition again for my in laws to get at us again over our dogs and letting them near the Grandchildren grrr they love cats but dislike dogs as dogs make a mess you have to clean up!! This is really distressing news dont like to think too strongly how i would feel if it was us am very sorry for the family x
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2007, 04:22 PM
Originally Posted by Pita View Post
Whether it is a Pitbull an ISBT or a badly bred cross breed, the fact remains that a child has died because someone somewhere did not give enough thought to what they were breeding and someone somewhere did not consider what they were buying nor did they take notice of the first rule of dog owning, the one that says you do not leave a dog alone with a child. Sorry but I can’t feel sympathy with the owner of the dog or the person in charge my only sadness is that a child has been deprived of it's chance of life.
I've read every news article that I can find on this and not one of them has mentioned that the child was alone with the dog, the fact that the grandmother was also injured could point to the fact that she was beside the child when it happened.

We won't know the full facts for a while so I don't think it is at all fair to condemn these poor people until they have been published.

If it transpires that the grandmother had left the child and dog alone then she will have to live with those consequences.

No matter what happened I still think it was an awful tragedy and I feel sympathy for all concerned.
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2007, 04:28 PM
I just read about it, such a very sad tragedy.
teenytiny
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-01-2007, 04:32 PM
[QUOTE=scorpio;880717]I've read every news article that I can find on this and not one of them has mentioned that the child was alone with the dog, the fact that the grandmother was also injured could point to the fact that she was beside the child when it happened.

I have just read a couple of articles too, and 2 articles mention that the dog belonged to the lil girls uncle, and that she frequently had contact with the dog. She has also been seen before stroking and handling the dog.

On the other hand, neighbours comments were that the dog barked all hours of the day, and it was, in general, a 'menace' dog.

The BBC news have published an update, and they state it was a Pitbull.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6222689.stm
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-01-2007, 05:17 PM
Its easy to talk in hindsight, ifs buts and maybe's but trhe thing that concerns me is the frequency of attacks by this "type" of Dog. I am starting to think, as much as I love the true pit Bull as a breed, we would be better off without them.

Very very sad thing to have happened.
Dawn.
Page 4 of 32 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »