New Member!

27-08-2004, 11:36 AM
Here here
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

27-08-2004, 11:41 AM
Originally Posted by Shadowboxer
I should like to pose a question to those who feel that breeding & purchasing pedigree, purebred dogs, rather than obtaining our next companion or working dog from a rescue situation is so reprehensible:

Why do YOU think we do it?

Do you think that we all are ignorant? Stupid? Lacking ethics? Morally bankrupt? Unconcerned? Snobbish? Unfeeling? Insensitive? Financially motivated? Looking for ribbons? Arrogant?

Or are we concerned to produce and purchase a healthy, well-socialized, breed typical, pup of excellent temperament, who will fulfil its role as an exemplary representative of its breed whether in a pet home, a working situation, or the show ring?

The slogan "why breed or buy when others die" is emotive and judgemental. I find it offensive, and the element of emotional/moral blackmail which it conveys is very distasteful. It certainly does nothing to advance the cause of rescue. Your time would be more profitably spent educating the ignorant and working to prevent the proliferation of pupply mills, rather than castigating breeders and owners who care - which is the vast majority of the members of this board.

SB
I think the post made above by SB sums up perfectly what many Dogwebbers feel - what we feel about the topic in general and the question that was asked to begin with.

And on that note I am locking the thread.
Closed Thread
Page 32 of 32 « First < 22 29 30 31 32