register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
doggygirl2003
Dogsey Junior

23-08-2004, 10:53 AM
I think she meant that children are not like puppies who are taken 'because they look cute' and then the novelty wears off and they are abandoned.
thankyou - i was also saying i didn't do it for financial gain either
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-08-2004, 10:57 AM
Originally Posted by doggygirl2003
sorry i am new to this site but see from a few of the posted messages that quite a few of you seem to breed you pets, i have a rescue dog a labrador who was rescued from death row in a pound at only eight weeks old, have any of you ever considered the plight of these poor animals which you breed from
You have assumed that the breeders on this forum breed without any concern for the welfare of the puppies, which having been a member of this site from the beginning I know to be wrong.

The people whose dogs have had puppies on this site have angonised long and hard about the potential owners and have tried to the best of their abilities to make sure their puppies are placed in good homes, and Im sure that if anyone of the puppies became unwanted the breeder would take the puppy back.

I know that this is not the case with some breeders but we mustnt tar our members who have shown they have the best interests of the breeds in mind with the same brush.
doggygirl2003
Dogsey Junior

23-08-2004, 10:59 AM
can we keep this tread on track please we seem to have spent more time discussing children i asked about the breeding of dogs
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2004, 10:59 AM
Hi Lynne ...I breed and have also done a lot of work in rescue ... I don't think all breeders are to blame I think it is those owners who take on a puppy and then can't be a****d to take the time and trouble to look after them ..and to be honest some of your commemts are very offensive to people like me who breed to better the health and standard of my breed ....the homes I CHOOSE for my pups are well vetted and the new owners are regular visiters even years down the line ..I would be prepard to take any puppy back that i have ever bred ..so your commets about pups being homed to anyone who passes an interest is total crap !!!! of course unless you are talking personally ..if someone with your opinion came to me for a puppy it wouldn't matter how much momey or land you had you would leave my house very empty handed ....and i would certainly spread the word to all breeders not to allow you to have a puppy .....
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2004, 11:24 AM
Urmmmm, guys do u think that maybe we have got the wrong end of the stick here?

Maybe she was just wondering why u chose to breed instead of rescue?

*staffy hiding again (cause she's a chicken)*
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2004, 11:31 AM
no staffy she is gathering info and slagging us off on another site ...we are all oddballs LOL ......quick go back and post can't wait to read it ......
Robert
Dogsey Senior

23-08-2004, 11:35 AM
Hi Lynne.

I think what you need to do is post your question on a puppy farm forum, if such a thing exists.

The people here care deeply about their dogs, thats why they joined, and to ask such a question is deeply offensive to breeders whose first priority is the welfare of their dogs.

The puppes that the breeders produce here are in high demand and very short supply, because they care about their dogs they don't breed them for the profit, the owners are vetted very carefully to ensure the right puppy goes to the right home and so lessen the risk of re-homing. Of course a puppy will end up in rescue now and again, but the chances are that the puppy hasn't actually come from a reputable breeder any way, more likely from a puppy farm where they are just handed over to new owners whether they are suitable as owners or not.

BTW I'm not a breeder, and I have absolutely no intention of ever breeding, I'll leave that to people who know what they're doing.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2004, 11:36 AM
I would just like to point out Lynne, I only have one dog, and she's the first dog I've had.

I'm not a breeder, and dont even know if I actually will breed on her or any other dog I'll get.

Its not everybody on Dogweb who breeds. We are many who dont, so dont judge us all.

I find it pretty offensive what you have been writing on Dogpages. Isnt that what is called jumping to conclusions?
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2004, 11:36 AM
Okay I was only thinking maybe we were wrong

See I knew I shouldn't have used my brain. I said it was faulty but the doctor wouldn't listen to meeee!!!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-08-2004, 11:37 AM
Hello Lynne I think you are a person with the very best intentions and as you will see many people on this site have indeed rescued dogs or contributed in some other way to dog rescue organisations. I am so glad you were able to rehome a dog that is great news . I have had and will always have the same breed I grew to love over forty years ago. Very few of them come for rescue and those that do are snapped up pretty quickly with the help of a dedicated breed rescue network. I understand this is the same for many other breeds. Sadly, many of the dogs in rescue centers are not suitable for rescue except by all but a few people there being too large or totally unsuited to the lifestyle in a small home, in many cases that is why they are in rescue centers in the first place and some have developed serious behaviour problems for this very reason. The sort of people who use Dogweb and occasionally breed dogs put an enormous amount of time and money into their dogs and these are not the dogs who end up in rescue centers. If these people did not breed may wonderful breeds some extremley old would die out and be lost to us forever I appreciate what you are trying to say and you are certainly entitled to express an opinion, on this occasion I will have to differ with you.
Best wishes, Mini
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 32 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »