View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2012, 12:55 PM
I'm thinking of you H, seems like only yesterday I had to make a tough decision so I know how heartbreaking it will be for you, but I also know what a wonderful life you have given dear, sweet Georgie.

I don't get on here as much as I want as I still have trouble getting into the threads. If I don't get back online to give you my support, please know that my thoughts will be with you. xxxx
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-02-2012, 01:00 PM
So sorry H, not a lot to say other than my thoughts are with you all xxxxxxxxx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2012, 01:01 PM
You will know when the time has come, as Im sure you do.
Funny how I always thought it would be Reah's legs or old injuries that would call it a day, instead she had a stroke I feel for you and am sending hugs your way, he has had the very best of homes and love a dog could ever wish for xxxx
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2012, 01:27 PM
So sorry helena x x x
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2012, 01:37 PM
Have just seen this H, I also don't come on here very much now, but wanted to let you know that I will be thinking of you and Dave when the time comes for darling Georgie, always a Dogsey favourite of mine
(((HUGS))) to you all, thinking of you all xxx
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2012, 01:41 PM
Oh Helen I am devastated to read this. I know Georgie has been on extra time for a long while now and it is because of your love and extra special care that he has made it this far. Please give him a very tight squeeze from me. I am around next week so please let me know if there is anything I can do or if you just want to meet up.

Sending you all my love and extra special snuffles from Dylan to his old mate Georgie xxxxxxxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2012, 01:46 PM
Thanks all, for your kindness as always.

I know Steph, that's another big fear I have, as I already witnessed one 15 year old having a stroke late at night, it was awful for us to witness, and sometimes, when I cuddle up with old Georgie, feel all those lumps he has going on, plus that big lump at the top of his leg which has spread inwards and taken such a hold, plus a lifetime of steroids or ab's, it makes me wonder what must be going on inside the poor old lad now. As always though, he gives me the most perfect poo's, so bladdy ironic isn't it!

I feel strong now, but I just know I'm gonna be in total bits when I take him down there. I'll stop off on the way and buy him the biggest cooked chicken they've got in Morrisons too and he can devour it all to himself in the back of the car before we go in, that's a promise.

I think Dave is giving me the impression he'd rather it be a week-day (he's not very good with this kind of thing) as he said he would like to say his goodbye's to Georgie before he heads out the door to work. Oh jeesus, this is going to be THE hardest one to let go, just because he IS Georgie and always will be, even when he's left here, I shall still be stepping over the big, fat lump by that back door guaranteed!

I would never have thought in a million years, that this boy would have been the closest to me of all of them, I always said he was last in the personality stakes, but he has proved me wrong! He has always put so much trust in me, his whole trust, there's never been any question in his mind, that I'm going to hurt him, he knows that, and I have hurt him over the years, rubbing his sore skin with Hibiscrub, cutting his nails too far back, but all he's ever done is kiss my hand when I've done it! I just couldn't begin to tell you how easy this boy has been to deal with, no answering backs, no last words, just total submission, because he hasn't got a bad bone in his whole body, a real one off is Georgie.

How Zena will cope, God only knows, she's got very close to him of late, she's always checking him over even though she doesn't assault him nowadays, she likes to lie next to him just to let him know she's there, and that's also giving me certain signs.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2012, 01:47 PM
so very sorry, Helena. I know what you are going through and the heartache you've had watching your old lad's legs fail him. Enjoy your last days with him and try not to let him see your sadness.

When you say goodbye, he'll know, just know that you love him so much and are helping him in the only way you can.

He'll run and play and wait patiently up at the bridge with all our babies until you meet up with him again and in the meantime will live on in your hearts xxxxx
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2012, 01:49 PM
so very sorry to read this. My thoughts are with you
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-02-2012, 01:51 PM
Dear H, I don't know what to say or do other than to send you all loads and loads of love.
Wish I was nearer and could come and give you a cuddle.

I'm thinking of you
Page 2 of 31 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »