Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 10:30 PM
Originally Posted by alexgirl73 View Post
Agreed! I can't actually believe homophobia was brought into it tbh Because we didn't agree with your comments about chucking the kids out at 18 we're all homophobic?? I think you'll find it's nothing to do with that, not one of us could give a rats ass tbh what your sexual orientation is.
Omg and now that we have been called judgemental homophobics and Malkas culture insulted, they want to get back on topic! after it was Lorna that brought the whole 18 thing up, gets OH involved....
alexgirl73
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 10:33 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
Omg and now that we have been called judgemental homophobics and Malkas culture insulted, they want to get back on topic! after it was Lorna that brought the whole 18 thing up, gets OH involved....
well, we had a bit of a disagreement earlier in the thread and I think we managed to do it without insulting each other, calling names or casting dispertions on our lifestyle choices.
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
I believe someone told me I would only want my children to leave at 18 because I wasn't a mother - so I told my wife, I didn't "get her involved" she's not for telling. You are all judgmental, the way my family has been refered to we felt was homophobic, as you all kept separating me and the children and you certainly would not be making comments like these if the children were mine biologically and my OH was male, I firmly stand by that belief! I didn't insult Maikas culture, I pointed out there are many differences in society and in cultures, it is plain as day for all to see that Maika is in Israel and therefore I (wrongly) assumed that the culture difference between different countries all around the world was the reason for the viewpoint towards children being at home after reaching adulthood.
Lorna's Rachy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-01-2012, 10:38 PM
I do have a mind of my own, Lorna didn't get me involved. People on this thread were referring to OUR children as just mine. They are ours! We are a family and a good one, I am very proud of what we have TOGETHER. I wanted to join the conversation as you were talking about how we bring up our children, I think that gives me the right to speak too. Lorna may not have given birth but I have to say she is one of the best mums I know and she should be recognised as Mum. She doesn't have to give birth to be a Mum.
alexgirl73
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 10:40 PM
Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
I believe someone told me I would only want my children to leave at 18 because I wasn't a mother - so I told my wife, I didn't "get her involved" she's not for telling. You are all judgmental, the way my family has been refered to we felt was homophobic, as you all kept separating me and the children and you certainly would not be making comments like these if the children were mine biologically and my OH was male, I firmly stand by that belief! I didn't insult Maikas culture, I pointed out there are many differences in society and in cultures, it is plain as day for all to see that Maika is in Israel and therefore I (wrongly) assumed that the culture difference between different countries all around the world was the reason for the viewpoint towards children being at home after reaching adulthood.
Err oh yes I would! They are not yours biologically, you have stated quite clearly that you dont particularly like children and that YOU have very clear ideas of how they will live their lives once they turn 18. Male or female doesn't matter. You are the one who keeps bringing up the fact you are married, you are a same sex couple etc.
alexgirl73
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 10:41 PM
And with that I'm gong to bed, have fun all
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 10:43 PM
Originally Posted by alexgirl73 View Post
Err oh yes I would! They are not yours biologically, you have stated quite clearly that you dont particularly like children and that YOU have very clear ideas of how they will live their lives once they turn 18. Male or female doesn't matter. You are the one who keeps bringing up the fact you are married, you are a same sex couple etc.

I don't like the thought of having children biologically of my own. I don't like other people's children no I don't. I love my family, my children, my niece my nephew, but no I don't like other people's children at all - that is no crime!? They will go to University yes, same as I did. I'm glad my parent's pushed me to do so! After that, that is up to them they can do whatever they want!
Lorna's Rachy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-01-2012, 10:43 PM
I'm sorry are we supposed to keep the same sex couple comments out of this thread? Oh dear does that offed?
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 10:45 PM
How on earth can the difference between step mum and a Biological mother be construed as homophobic!?!
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 10:45 PM
Originally Posted by Lorna's Rachy View Post
I'm sorry are we supposed to keep the same sex couple comments out of this thread? Oh dear does that offed?
No, not at all.
It just gets boring when it's mentioned in every bloody post.
Closed Thread
Page 12 of 13 « First < 2 9 10 11 12 13 >