View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 10:02 PM
Well I'm not sure TELLING your kids what they will do at 18 is what id call encouraging independance. But you have come on here ranting about getting back on topic, why did you mention the whole "on your own at 18" thing then? That wasn't on-topic.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-01-2012, 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by Lorna's Rachy View Post
How Bloody dare you! I have listened to many of the comments on this thread that disagree with our way of life. Weather it is homophobia or differences in cultures I am unsure but for whatever reason you disagree that is your prerogative. However you have no right at all to judge!!!!!!
We live our lives without interfering with others lives, we do not judge.
I see the world as a place to be explored and to be enjoyed as it is a beautiful place. To listen to the hateful comments on here directed to my wife and I is deeply offensive!
Perhaps you should all live your little lives without judging. who the hell gives you the right? In a diverse world of many cultures small minded people spout hate, look in the mirror that is you!
Who mentioned your way of life? And who mentioned different cultures? I am not the slightest bit interested or bothered about your way of life, but please tell me where differences in culture has arisen in any comments to or about you?

And I would appreciate it if you did not use abusive language towards me or anyone else here. I am sure you do not use such language in front of your children.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-01-2012, 10:04 PM
Well I'm not sure who's doing the preaching and the judging tbh cos all I read is people giving opinions and the only ones getting out of their pram are you two each to their own and I really couldn't give a stuff what your sexual orientation is because it's irrelevant to the topic. Why so defensive just because others see things differently?
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 10:06 PM
I have watched this thread with interest and I'm
Sorry but despite what a lot of you think I will stick up for Rachel and lorna here!!

My mum "got rid" of me when I was 15. Most of you know I live with my nana, but I have been paying my way since I was 18. I do not got bailed out by my parents ever. Haven't since I was 16 and I wouldn't get any now unless I can pay it out within in the next month, even then it's a myther to borrow. I don't resent my parents at all, I do not resent being made to pay my way, learn what it is like to live in this world. I am a lot different to my friends who get what ever they need, at the slightest sign of a problem they run to mummy and daddy to bail them out. I have to think of things as a grown up and sort them out myself. I'm grateful for that.

I know I have rambled on, and probably not made much sense. But I think that lorna an Rachel have been bashed well and truly for their views. We do not know them, just like none of you really know anyone on here, their kids could be a lot better behaved than what some of yours were, just because they follow the view of at 18 they should be independent.
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 10:07 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Who mentioned your way of life? And who mentioned different cultures? I am not the slightest bit interested or bothered about your way of life, but please tell me where differences in culture has arisen in any comments to or about you?

And I would appreciate it if you did not use abusive language towards me or anyone else here. I am sure you do not use such language in front of your children.
Abusive language? Please show me where?? My wife was actually very careful with what she wrote as I'm sure you can imagine through your and other's insults she's rather angry...

You're acting in a very small minded way, I agree with my wife. You've insulted our roles as mothers.

I'm done with this. At 18 my children will be going to University, they will move on from University to their own lives.

Are you in the UK? - Hence the culture difference?

No, but I'm sure you would never DARE insult a straight couple's way of parenting would you? Now either move back to talking about a TV show, or just stop talking!
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 10:09 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
I have watched this thread with interest and I'm
Sorry but despite what a lot of you think I will stick up for Rachel and lorna here!!

My mum "got rid" of me when I was 15. Most of you know I live with my nana, but I have been paying my way since I was 18. I do not got bailed out by my parents ever. Haven't since I was 16 and I wouldn't get any now unless I can pay it out within in the next month, even then it's a myther to borrow. I don't resent my parents at all, I do not resent being made to pay my way, learn what it is like to live in this world. I am a lot different to my friends who get what ever they need, at the slightest sign of a problem they run to mummy and daddy to bail them out. I have to think of things as a grown up and sort them out myself. I'm grateful for that.

I know I have rambled on, and probably not made much sense. But I think that lorna an Rachel have been bashed well and truly for their views. We do not know them, just like none of you really know anyone on here, their kids could be a lot better behaved than what some of yours were, just because they follow the view of at 18 they should be independent.
Thank you, we very much appreciate your support! If there was any way of conveying just how well behaved our children are believe me I would, everyone is just going to have to take our word for it!
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by Lorna's Rachy View Post
How Bloody dare you! I have listened to many of the comments on this thread that disagree with our way of life. Weather it is homophobia or differences in cultures I am unsure but for whatever reason you disagree that is your prerogative. However you have no right at all to judge!!!!!!
We live our lives without interfering with others lives, we do not judge.
I see the world as a place to be explored and to be enjoyed as it is a beautiful place. To listen to the hateful comments on here directed to my wife and I is deeply offensive!
Perhaps you should all live your little lives without judging. who the hell gives you the right? In a diverse world of many cultures small minded people spout hate, look in the mirror that is you!
This post is rediculous! I tried to report but for some reason it didnt connect.
as for not judging, have a look at some of your OHs posts when it comes to benefits etc
To come on here RANTING and.accuse ppl of being homophobic because they don't agree/do things differently is both childish and un called for.
I find the tone abusive actually! And I'm not exactly one to keep my views in.
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Well I'm not sure who's doing the preaching and the judging tbh cos all I read is people giving opinions and the only ones getting out of their pram are you two each to their own and I really couldn't give a stuff what your sexual orientation is because it's irrelevant to the topic. Why so defensive just because others see things differently?
Umm, how we parent is being criticized so yes we are "getting out of pram" and we're the only two being insulted.....so yeap....
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 10:13 PM
I think they should stop child benefit altogether.

You have children when you can afford to have them and when you can what's a crappy £20 a week anyway?!
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 10:14 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
This post is rediculous! I tried to report but for some reason it didnt connect.
as for not judging, have a look at some of your OHs posts when it comes to benefits etc
To come on here RANTING and.accuse ppl of being homophobic because they don't agree/do things differently is both childish and un called for.
I find the tone abusive actually! And I'm not exactly one to keep my views in.

Report her if you like....she doesn't come on here often enough to care.... I think you'll find she hasn't said anything wrong....

I'm fed up of this, I started a thread to have a discussion about a TV prog. Seemingly other people have discussed benefits etc too, seems the forum has changed since I joined a long time ago, no longer even capable of being nice to others on a simple entertainment thread.....

I think the mods should block this thread. I'm done here.
Closed Thread
Page 10 of 13 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 >