Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-07-2012, 03:51 PM

Evil of the sky?

Does anyone else dog have a "thing" against things in the sky?
Hunter has spent most of today outside to bark at any passing planes! I'm not sure why they bother him so much, and I've honestly never had a dog take much notice of "up there"!
tattoogirl73
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-07-2012, 08:10 PM
opie will bark at helicopters flying above us. planes he's not bothered with, though if the loud sonic things were to fly over i reckon he'd go mental
toobendy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-07-2012, 08:33 PM
i used to have a lurcher that was terrified of hot air balloons. we didn't discover this until we had her at chatsworth country fair for finals of junior lurcher obedience so theirs me with a dog that i knew had the potential to win but you wouldn't have known it had you seen me walking her on a morning before we realised her fear, she was jumping around on the lead trying to get away! she spent every morning hiding under the table in the caravan! thankfully the obedience trials weren't until the hot air balloons were well away so she'd calmed down enough to take 2nd place
buglysprince
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-07-2012, 08:38 PM
Persia doesn't like her sky invaded by planes either or helicopters the other day she was barking at one on those advertising barrage balloons. Bless her
Hanlou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-07-2012, 08:45 PM
It doesn't seem to bother Whisper but another Rough' owner that we met (one of only two we've ever met since September!) was scared of aeroplanes. A bit of a problem as they live in Lincolnshire near an air-base!

I think Rough's are pretty sound sensitive. Hopefully he'll grow out of it!

Whisper is sensitive to all kinds of strange things including reflections, shadows etc...

*Sends hugs over to Hunter* xxx
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2012, 09:49 PM
I knew a Jack Russell that would go mad at the birds flying over, but not at the planes. He would be jumping up to get at them, needless to say he never caught them.
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2012, 10:12 PM
Ted doesn't seem bothered by planes and helicopters but he is terrified of hot air balloons only the other day i had to chase him when one appeared from behind some trees and he decided to run back to the car crossing a road in the process. He also gets scared of the moon sometimes and some street lights and signs also scare him.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

08-07-2012, 10:29 PM
Breagh goes nuts at the jets (RAF Tornado's and Typhoon's) that come screaming over but I think it's more the ear shattering noise than a visual thing.

Hot air balloons too. Virgin do rides over where I live. She's OK till they let the burner rip.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-07-2012, 10:31 AM
asbo chases birds in the sky he doesnt seem to understand he cant fly so stands no chance of catching them
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-07-2012, 11:16 AM
microlights/hot air balloons/planes (old low flying type) are NOT allowed to go over the garden

Pigeons arent allowed to sit on the telephone cables either

my friends rustle doesnt like things in the 'sky' when she is in the car (if she sees birds flying overhead in the distance/telegraph poles and the like) and takes refuge in the footwell, odd little thing!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >