Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mad4jacks
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-01-2011, 12:47 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
Oh I've never been knocked out the seat. My OH decided on his second time riding - he wanted to canter he wasn't that prepared!

He still did it the next time we went riding.

There are two stables near our new house so I will have to get into riding again this year. However I won't have my beautiful May or my gorgeous Smuf to ride
hi sorry to be nosey what part of nottingham do you come from??
Im from nottingham but live in brum now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have a couple of friends with horses over there and they are always looking for people to help exercise there horses/ponies.
I have a horse called May she is a moody mare!!!
Youngstevie knows all about her!
LOL.
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2011, 08:31 PM
Sorry I've not been back to write on here! Been busy with Misty and the yard!

I don't work for the hunt, I work on Mels yard, which is hunt/polo, but she is field master! I couldn't tell you which hunt it is, I was told, but I forgot!

I've had a fab day today, rode 3 horses! 2 out on the roads, and one in the school!

I think I'm riding most of them myself tomorrow, I'm taking them in the school and am going to have a little jump, although I'll start little, the hunters will get bored so I'm aiming for at least 3ft tomorrow! I've not jumped in 2 years!!!

Will hunt out my phone cable and pop on the pictures I've got so far!
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2011, 08:40 PM
Sounds like you're having a great time n enjoying it all very much, just you take care n keep safe, look forward to seeing photo's. Bit off topic but am alway's fascinated to see old paintings of hunt scene's, horses n hounds(even if not pc n frowned upon, history n art interest). Keep enjoying
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2011, 12:00 AM
I've discovered that Mel, my boss, hunts with The VWH Hunt - The Vale of the White Horse Hunt.

http://www.vwh-hunt.co.uk/vwh_contact.php

Thats my Boss, at the bottom of the page, Mel Duff! She is a fantastic woman, she used to event for the Irish team, and competed at the Barcelona Olympics!

I think it's maybe Tom that she is riding in that picture, not 100%, but if you see my 'My Hunters' thread, then you'll see why I think it's TomTom!
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2011, 02:59 PM
i really wish i could ride, its something ive wanted to do ever since i was little, but i just cant afford proper lessons
mad4jacks
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-01-2011, 03:40 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
i really wish i could ride, its something ive wanted to do ever since i was little, but i just cant afford proper lessons
hi. do you not know antone who could teach you on theres???
i love teaching people to ride
i would say i would but it would cost you to much in fuel which you could pay for a lesson.
i have friends in staffordshire and your area that may be able to help you if you where interested?? from my showing days.
if you are PM me and i see what i can do.
once you are hooked there be no going back.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2011, 10:16 AM
Originally Posted by Velvetboxers View Post
Now that would have been interesting - bloodhounds, just never seen them nowdays never mind a pack of them
Have a quick peek at this thread

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=89260

I posted it a few years ago, and it was when the Berwickshire Hunt was up here on the estate with their pack of bloodhounds. Beautiful dogs (and horses!).
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4