Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2011, 07:28 PM

I love being a Hunt Groom! :)

I'm having the time of my life!

We are given pretty much free rein with the hunters, can do what ever we like! I am riding 2/3 horses almost every day!

Today I got to go to the 2nds, which is where the riders swap horses half way-ish through teh day when they are out hunting! I was surrounded by hounds and horses! It was a lot of fun! Am hoping I will get the chance to go again! Mel, my boss knows I'd enjoy it, so she said if I'm working a saturday then I can always go and do 2nds!

It is hard work, but I love going home tired at the end of a day! I've never slept to well in my life!

I've got a few pics of some of the hunters, will upload them soon!
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2011, 07:41 PM
Sounds brilliant! I would love to go hunting- if I had the right horse... I think my cob would just gallop off, he is hard enough to hold hacking in a group of 3-4! haha!

I have the opponutiy at work to ride some nice dressage horses at the shows to qaulify for championships etc- the prospect of that scares me enough, let alone hunting...!

Would be great to see some pictures soon!
tokiayla
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2011, 07:43 PM
Riding horses every day - sounds like my sort of job!
Look forward to pics
mad4jacks
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-01-2011, 10:55 PM
Originally Posted by Misty-Pup View Post
I'm having the time of my life!

We are given pretty much free rein with the hunters, can do what ever we like! I am riding 2/3 horses almost every day!

Today I got to go to the 2nds, which is where the riders swap horses half way-ish through teh day when they are out hunting! I was surrounded by hounds and horses! It was a lot of fun! Am hoping I will get the chance to go again! Mel, my boss knows I'd enjoy it, so she said if I'm working a saturday then I can always go and do 2nds!

It is hard work, but I love going home tired at the end of a day! I've never slept to well in my life!

I've got a few pics of some of the hunters, will upload them soon!
Can i come to.
I miss hunting so much. No greater thrill
galloping round the countryside in the fresh air, the power of your horse ears pricked enjoying yourself.
Havent got a horse suitable at the min.
Who do you hunt with.?~?

Keep on enjoying yourself you only live once.
Im going to relive some memories now lol.
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2011, 11:01 PM
Oh wow! I am sooooooo jealous! It sounds wonderful! Can't wait to see the piccies All that fresh air must be fantastic, and all that time spent with horses must be amazing, coming home hands smelling of horse, can't beat it!

I really, really, reeeeaaaaaaly miss horses! - I went riding over weardale moors last year with a friend, first time on a horse for ages, and as we started to gallop I actually burst into tears, and cried and cried with love and joy, it is just the best feeling in the world....
mad4jacks
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-01-2011, 11:05 PM
Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
Oh wow! I am sooooooo jealous! It sounds wonderful! Can't wait to see the piccies All that fresh air must be fantastic, and all that time spent with horses must be amazing, coming home hands smelling of horse, can't beat it!

I really, really, reeeeaaaaaaly miss horses! - I went riding over weardale moors last year with a friend, first time on a horse for ages, and as we started to gallop I actually burst into tears, and cried and cried with love and joy, it is just the best feeling in the world....
Good for you.
You really cant beat it, it never leaves you once you have learnt to ride. You could come and ride my babies but you are bir far away!!!!!!
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-01-2011, 11:10 PM
Originally Posted by mad4jacks View Post
Good for you.
You really cant beat it, it never leaves you once you have learnt to ride. You could come and ride my babies but you are bir far away!!!!!!
Aw I WISH I lived closer! You lucky thing. Nobody near me has horses. I will have some again one day, just never the right time is it..
mad4jacks
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-01-2011, 11:18 PM
Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
Aw I WISH I lived closer! You lucky thing. Nobody near me has horses. I will have some again one day, just never the right time is it..
I am, but its my living too.
Didnt like being couped up indoors!!!lol.

If you are ever my way just let me know.we could sort you a ride out.

reading this has brought back alot of memories. I miss my old show cob he was a great hunter!!!
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2011, 12:32 AM
I miss being a hunt groom. I used to volunteer when I was younger and there was nothing like it. I loved the hounds and rode the horses and was even allowed to ride out on occasion.. but the hunts are all gone round here now and i don't know anyone with a horse anymore
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2011, 12:56 AM
Since hunting was banned, what are you out hunting ....
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >