Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2010, 11:28 AM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
I do find it hard to believe i had a sofa on the same wall as my door, but i still out the corner of my eye see one of the dogs or cats walk past, and they have lived here years, im use to them - So how some one that doesnt have animals living there can miss that is beyong me - must have been something good on telly thats for sure.

and i guess the next thing they will say is the fox tip toed up the stairs.

I havent read anywhere people suggesting they harmed their children to get a point across, so not sure where that is coming from - yes i have read that people think this is made up, and something other happened...

what and you think that the next generation of foxes that may be lucky enough not to be destroyed wont go near peoples houses looking for food - everyone fox that isnt destroyed will return to the contry and hunt/fight for its food..
Maybe there is an over population on foxes - but the media and others are using this one incident to make things happen..

I don't, because it also depends on what way the door opens, you may not be able to see into the hallway at all, I've been in many houses like that. Also depending on how loud the telly was, any other noises inside the house anything they again may not of heard the fox, espcailly if the Fox is a bit nervous, its hardly likely to run straight up the stairs banging all the way if its not sure of them is it? It would take them slowly and cautiously, not tip tiptoeing but not loudly either.

If Foxes have got into homes before, and a article was posted on this forum a while ago, and got into people's bathrooms, poo'd on the floor all sorts of things, what makes you think that one wouldn't attack a child, Foxes are very opptunistic eaters, two young vulnerable infants, why wouldn't it if it found itself in there attack them? And again being Foxes when they kill they just don't kill one thing, they will kill more, so thats why I think that this whole thing is entirely possible.

The media is milking it, but I still feel that a cull of urban Foxes should of been planned a long time ago. Maybe then this whole sorry afair wouldn't of happened.

What and the foxes left will be more scared of humans than the ones destroyed? After the cull is done, everyone can be promised that no fox will enter a house again because by culling some, others will be come more scared around humans and stay clear.
All the things you have just said can be done with or with our a cull happening - and some of the things you have said are already done by many with great effects.
If all of these things are done without a cull then many will starve as many use bins and get food from and around people, to me leaving a animal to starve is a lot more cruel then trapping and destroying a animal.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2010, 11:37 AM
Again your not reading what im saying - I have not said that the fox didnt go into the house or infact harm the children, I said i find it hard to believe that the parents didnt notice it!! Some things just dont add up to me, like seeing blood before the fox, But i would get into all that again. I was'nt posting this thread, to bring all this back up again..Just to put up the link to the petition for them intrested in signing.

You cant actually believe that if a cull had been done, this wouldnt have happened - are you wanting all foxes culled in these areas then?? Because if not then you cant possibly think that.

If them things are done, Foxes will look else where for food, they may find they may not..Given them the chance to live a normal life as a wild animal is alot nicer than us as humans messing with them and deciding what they can and cant do.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2010, 11:46 AM
Again your not reading what im saying - I have not said that the fox didnt go into the house or infact harm the children, I said i find it hard to believe that the parents didnt notice it!! Some things just dont add up to me, like seeing blood before the fox, But i would get into all that again. I was'nt posting this thread, to bring all this back up again..Just to put up the link to the petition for them intrested in signing.

You cant actually believe that if a cull had been done, this wouldnt have happened - are you wanting all foxes culled in these areas then?? Because if not then you cant possibly think that.

If them things are done, Foxes will look else where for food, they may find they may not..Given them the chance to live a normal life as a wild animal is alot nicer than us as humans messing with them and deciding what they can and cant do.

I think that yes if a cull had already taken place, measures put up to scare Foxes away from people, people doing all they can to make sure that they don't attract Foxes then yes this may not of happened.

Many urban Foxes will not be able to hunt and survive in the country side, someone already said elsewhere that Foxes that came from towns were put in the country side and didn't run from the dogs theres also a reason that Tiggys choose to place Foxes in the towns from there if they came in as babies, they are too use to people and would struggle in the country side So unfornatly for many animals being destroyed may be the best answer.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2010, 11:49 AM
But my point is the foxes that are not culled will only be left - to go else where to possibly die, so what makes one fox ok to be destroyed and others are allowed to be left alone and try and be a normal wild animals!

I did several release trips with foxes, and not one was ever put into a town..always put back into the contry side.
Bare in mind ones that came in from babies to tiggies were never allowed proper human contact so would not be depending on them!
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2010, 11:56 AM
But my point is the foxes that are not culled will only be left - to go else where to possibly die, so what makes one fox ok to be destroyed and others are allowed to be left alone and try and be a normal wild animals!

I did several release trips with foxes, and not one was ever put into a town..always put back into the contry side.
Bare in mind ones that came in from babies to tiggies were never allowed proper human contact so would not be depending on them!
More then one Fox would be culled, I would hope at lot more of a percentage of Foxes will be, and then there will be more other resources in the towns and cities for other Foxes to go and try their luck with, as long as people don't feed them, and keep their bins so that it would be extremely hard for Foxes to get into them, its the only way I see that the lives of Foxes can be improved in urban areas when people live up to their responibilities.

Compared that there is Fox cub pens that when the Foxes are old enough they go into there to wait to be released and are fed at least twice a day by people, and different people each day, many came to think of people as food, more then a few approached people when they thought that they had chicks, and I saw more then one actually go up to people and put their feet on the peoples wellies.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2010, 12:01 PM
Yes fox pens so there out side, not around people noises! Of course they have to be fed, and should only have food put in when there not out of there boxes! Seems things really have changed alot since i were there, or the students are not following the correct rules.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2010, 12:04 PM
Nope not following the wrong rules, you can't lock the fox cubs away, they can go in and out of their boxes as they choose, the adults you lock away though. And many of the fox cubs get more and more cofident and will stay around if they smell food.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2010, 12:06 PM
no but there is/was a door to the foxes bedding area, and that was always ment to be shut before food was taken in and put down in the other part of the pen for safety reasons.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2010, 12:11 PM
These must of been added since you left, what your describing sounds like the adult pens, which are kind of like dog kennels, between them and the deer sheds there was large fox cub pens put up, in these young Fox cubs go to await release, they are put in there in groups, with double doors at the entrance, but their houses have no closable doors, they just have holes in so the Fox cubs (and sometimes Badgers) have free run of their pens all the time. Although there is some internal doors into the run, but they are normally used to seperate different groups if need be, so you can have no way of locking any fox cubs away when you are feeding them more often then not.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2010, 12:14 PM
No i know what your talking about they've been there years, started off as all badgers pens then changed when the number of fox cubs went up.

There is 3 sections to them pens, you get like a little porch thing as you go in then a big area, and then theres a door to where the big wooden boxes are. and we always had to shut that door, then come back out get the food and put it down.
Although when cleaning we were directly in with the foxes, and yes some would come up, most attacked your feet or would hide up on the wooden slats, scared to death.
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >