View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2010, 06:24 PM
If foxes are to be killed for being successful and increasing their numbers maybe humans should be killed too
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2010, 09:46 AM
I think that anyone who implies or thinks that this family made this up because they are anti hunters are sick twisted, and need to get a grip. Why would anyone harm their children to put a point across?

I am not for the badger cull, I don't believe personnally that there is enough evidence that badgers are the ones responsible for the spread of TB, and if they are that a badger cull will help, but I believe that its very apparent that there is a over population of Foxes in urban areas, if only for the recent thing that four, yes four Foxes were caught in the garden where these people live.

I'm also reading the comments on the petition, although I wont be signing it, as I think that a cull could help Foxes, keep the numbers down, let them find other ways of finding food, keep them away from people etc, but a lot of these people seem to think that there will be fox hounds and huntsman on horses parading down London centre after each fox I believe that a urban fox cull is long overdue.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2010, 10:44 AM
It's a difficult one really, I've only lived on the edge of a town since August having lived in the country all my life before then. It's very, very different here even though I've only moved 6 miles. In the country animal populations are controlled to keep the natural balance for the benefit of all the animals.

As lovely as foxes are (and I have great respect for an animal that has been so sucessful living alongside humans), they are only as sucessful as they are because us humans have killed all of the foxes natural predators and are so messy as to make life so very easy for them. In essence, we have created the problem so we must manage it. I don't agree wirth a knee jerk cull (which is what I think this is), but I do agree that wildlife needs to be managed for it's own benefit. We as humans have removed the natural balance by making some species extinct and introducing other species that don't belong here.

I think Foxes need to be controlled, but I also think we as a species need to take responsibility for the situation we have created. We need to clean up our act to make it more difficult for foxes to thrive in urban areas as well as controlling the population by reducing numbers.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2010, 10:50 AM
Originally Posted by Fernsmum View Post
If foxes are to be killed for being successful and increasing their numbers maybe humans should be killed too
Yeah and maybe Foxes should get a job and feed their families instead of stealing from those who pay taxes!!
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2010, 11:02 AM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
I think that anyone who implies or thinks that this family made this up because they are anti hunters are sick twisted, and need to get a grip. Why would anyone harm their children to put a point across?
Its an opinion (not one that i said i thought though) and no one suggested they harmed their children to get a point across! and for what its worth - Yes i do still find it hard to believe that the parents did not see the fox walk PAST them... Is that me saying it wasnt a fox? no its me saying something doesnt add up to where the parents were at the time... and a opinion i am allowed.

Get a grip??? Since when was having an opinion a crime

Anyone that wants to have foxes destroyed because of one attack is sick a twisted! Just like anyone that wants all Staffs destroyed because of one attack... ( Is that fair for me to say?? ) No because its your opinion.....
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2010, 11:06 AM
I'm also reading the comments on the petition, although I wont be signing it, as I think that a cull could help Foxes, keep the numbers down, let them find other ways of finding food, keep them away from people etc, but a lot of these people seem to think that there will be fox hounds and huntsman on horses parading down London centre after each fox I believe that a urban fox cull is long overdue.
How will a cull do that? a fox thinks - ohh my brother was caught and destroyed the other day i wont be going there for food? You would have to destroy every fox seen around houses, because as long as foxes are around all OUR rubbish they will keep coming back for more food.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2010, 11:09 AM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
Its an opinion (not one that i said i thought though) and no one suggested they harmed their children to get a point across! and for what its worth - Yes i do still find it hard to believe that the parents did not see the fox walk PAST them... Is that me saying it wasnt a fox? no its me saying something doesnt add up to where the parents were at the time... and a opinion i am allowed.

Get a grip??? Since when was having an opinion a crime

Anyone that wants to have foxes destroyed because of one attack is sick a twisted! Just like anyone that wants all Staffs destroyed because of one attack... ( Is that fair for me to say?? ) No because its your opinion.....
I have read elsewhere that the parents are being accused of making this up, Rune also stated that the parents are being threatened, people do need to get a grip, its a wild animal, and they have entered homes before, the get a grip is about people who think that parents would harm their children to get a point across.

Also how hard is it to believe that the parents didn't see a fox go past, they could of been watching telly, how many people have a couch on the same wall as their living room door? If both parents were sat on a couch in such a position then it is very easy for a Fox to walk past the room that they were in and not see it in there.

No-one on here is saying that Foxes need to be culled because of this attack, its because of how they are living, and how they have been living for a long time. We have taken away natural predators, we have given them easy access to food, we have allowed the population to explode to uncontrobal numbers, if we change now many will starve to death, and I feel that is more cruel then trapping and destroying them.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2010, 11:12 AM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
How will a cull do that? a fox thinks - ohh my brother was caught and destroyed the other day i wont be going there for food? You would have to destroy every fox seen around houses, because as long as foxes are around all OUR rubbish they will keep coming back for more food.
We can do what we can to scare them off after the numbers have been thinend, no Fox would come near a garden that I own, as my dogs will be able to chase them off, because if I have a garden I will have rabbits there, rabbits who can die from fright even if the Foxes don't attack them, people can also reduce any food that Foxes can have, for some this means not feeding wild animals, you could also put other deterents up, whether smells, or even sound aversion things that are set up through sensors. People can keep Foxes away, but a cull is also needed.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2010, 11:15 AM
I do find it hard to believe i had a sofa on the same wall as my door, but i still out the corner of my eye see one of the dogs or cats walk past, and they have lived here years, im use to them - So how some one that doesnt have animals living there can miss that is beyong me - must have been something good on telly thats for sure.

and i guess the next thing they will say is the fox tip toed up the stairs.

I havent read anywhere people suggesting they harmed their children to get a point across, so not sure where that is coming from - yes i have read that people think this is made up, and something other happened...

what and you think that the next generation of foxes that may be lucky enough not to be destroyed wont go near peoples houses looking for food - everyone fox that isnt destroyed will return to the contry and hunt/fight for its food..
Maybe there is an over population on foxes - but the media and others are using this one incident to make things happen..
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-06-2010, 11:18 AM
We can do what we can to scare them off after the numbers have been thinend, no Fox would come near a garden that I own, as my dogs will be able to chase them off, because if I have a garden I will have rabbits there, rabbits who can die from fright even if the Foxes don't attack them, people can also reduce any food that Foxes can have, for some this means not feeding wild animals, you could also put other deterents up, whether smells, or even sound aversion things that are set up through sensors. People can keep Foxes away, but a cull is also needed.
What and the foxes left will be more scared of humans than the ones destroyed? After the cull is done, everyone can be promised that no fox will enter a house again because by culling some, others will be come more scared around humans and stay clear.
All the things you have just said can be done with or with our a cull happening - and some of the things you have said are already done by many with great effects.
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >