Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2010, 01:22 PM

Stop the Tory persecution of foxes!!

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/7/sto...ution-of-foxes

Not satisfied with a planned UK badger cull, it has been reported today that Boris Johnson Tory MP & Lord Mayor of London is calling for an urban fox cull. This follows media reports of a fox entering an East London house through open patio doors to a room where the child's parents were sat watching TV & found it's way to an upstairs bedroom where it simultaneously "mauled" 9 month old twin girls sleeping in separate cots, thus acting in every way against the natural instinct of foxes.
Media coverage to this incident have been biased inconsistent & intent on creating public hysteria towards a wild species that has coexisted peacefully alongside us in towns & cities since records on urban fox populations were made in 1930. Far from being an urban pest their main diet source is the rats that ARE considered a real problem in inner-city areas.
Wildlife experts including Terry Nutkins, Bill Oddie John Bryant & the RSPCA are speaking out in defence of foxes but it is well known that the Tory Party led by (hunter) David Cameron are happy to demonise foxes as part of their plan to repeal the Hunting with Dogs Act, & will take advantage of & fuel the ongoing media witch hunt.
Just a week ago a licensed gun owner shot & killed 12 people & injured 24 others in Cumbria. Just a day later David Cameron released a statement saying there would be "no knee-jerk reaction to ban shot guns" so it is quite ironic that after just one instance of a (yet to be adequately proven) fox attack a Tory MP is calling for a nationwide cull.
Conveniently by making a larger issue of fox populations this will act as an opening for the Conservatives to bring the pledged repeal of the ban to the House of Commons. It's a lame attempt to appear as though they are acting in the interests of the British public (75% of the population are currently against repeal) whilst the real issue & motive is their support of bloodsports!!
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2010, 01:27 PM
It absolutely stinks doesn't it. I've joined a few anti pages on FB and they have idiots making all sorts of ridiculous and ignorant comments. Fortunately the mods on one of the pages is spot on and bans them as soon as they start. I've signed the petitions and any others that come up.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2010, 01:43 PM
The other thing that stinks is the parents of the twin girls being threatened and vilified by anti hunt groups.

Unbelievable!

rune
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2010, 01:46 PM
Rune that is not the point of my post - The point of my post is about the hunting.

But i can understand why people find it hard to believe the fox walked straight past the parents to get to the kids, in two seprate cots - I wont go there again though.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2010, 01:51 PM
Personally, I think an urban Fox cull is long overdue.
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2010, 02:01 PM
Foxes are pretty and I like seeing them around, but there are far too many of them in the towns and now in the coutryside. I would say a humane cull was overdue too.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2010, 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by lilypup View Post
It absolutely stinks doesn't it. I've joined a few anti pages on FB and they have idiots making all sorts of ridiculous and ignorant comments. Fortunately the mods on one of the pages is spot on and bans them as soon as they start. I've signed the petitions and any others that come up.
Thanks - I signed to, guess we stand alone on this one.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2010, 02:21 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
Thanks - I signed to, guess we stand alone on this one.
sad day in town if u didnt see a fox... u dont stand alone, i iz wiv ya

eta... far too many humans too...me thinks a urban cull is overdue
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2010, 02:33 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post

Oh yes...with you on that one!!!
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2010, 02:36 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post

And very nice it is to have you!

I saw the most beautiful fox walking down my driveway the other night and have a vixen who over the years has brought her cubs into my garden. My cats have never been harmed and the foxes have never made any mess either. I would hate not to see them going about their business. Once I rang the local wildlife rescue as a fox was laying on next doors garage roof for a good couple of hours. They laughed and said I wasn't the first person to ring in about the sunbathing fox!

I think a human cull would solve a lot more problems than culling foxes would ever. Good idea!
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »