View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2010, 08:46 PM
THis link is about different colour rottweilers, I've had a quick look round and can't find any forums, but this link also says some things that I think many have been trying to say on this thread too.

http://www.a-love-of-rottweilers.com...ottweiler.html
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2010, 08:56 PM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
THis link is about different colour rottweilers, I've had a quick look round and can't find any forums, but this link also says some things that I think many have been trying to say on this thread too.

Slightly off topic, but I met a long haired Rottweiler a couple of weeks ago. I didn't even know they existed!
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2010, 08:59 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Slightly off topic, but I met a long haired Rottweiler a couple of weeks ago. I didn't even know they existed!
Must admit I do love them, I got a Maine coon kitten a while ago, and the breeder had one, but if I were looking for a Rottweiler I would love a long haired one, but would only get one if it was a lovely 'accident' and doesn't cost more then the rest of the litter
AshMan
Dogsey Senior
Male 

21-05-2010, 09:15 AM
You don't think one will lead to the other then, I do, and it has happened on numerous occassions and know you get any body who can really breeding for colour because they believe that the colour makes the dog worth more. Also what makes a colour rare, I don't see any real rare colours that are not now everywhere, or breed so inbred its dangerous, which I do believe things like red Rotties are, I actually once saw a advert for red white and blue rotties online, no idea if they were joking or not
well i think there should be much tighter controls on who breeds, but thats another discussion.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2010, 09:29 AM
Must admit I do love them, I got a Maine coon kitten a while ago, and the breeder had one, but if I were looking for a Rottweiler I would love a long haired one, but would only get one if it was a lovely 'accident' and doesn't cost more then the rest of the litter
When you say long haired, how long? I may have seen one myself but thought it was a cross, nice looking dog regardless to what he was/is.

Originally Posted by AshMan View Post
well i think there should be much tighter controls on who breeds, but thats another discussion.
Agreed whole heartedly.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-05-2010, 09:45 AM
Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
When you say long haired, how long? I may have seen one myself but thought it was a cross, nice looking dog regardless to what he was/is.

the dog is this link is a long coated Rotti, the coat can vary from this to shorter.

Don't let anyone tell you they are rare they are not! I know of 4 in my area alone,

You get the long coat from a recessive gene, and it can come from two short coated dogs, its one of those things that can simply just happen.

http://z.about.com/d/dogs/1/0/k/r/1/...hairrottie.jpg
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2010, 09:47 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
the dog is this link id a long coated Rotti, the coat can vary from this s to shorter.

Don't let anyone tell you they are rare they are know of 4 in my area alone,

You get the long coat from a recessive gene, and it can come from two short coated dogs, its one of those things that can simply just happen.

http://z.about.com/d/dogs/1/0/k/r/1/...hairrottie.jpg
yip..i know 3

also can happen with sibes too, they are nicknamed 'woollies'
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-05-2010, 09:49 AM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
yip..i know 3

also can happen with sibes too, they are nicknamed 'woollies'
As with the Weimaraner
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2010, 10:26 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Was not the only reason puppies were culled, to achieve a breed all puppies that did not fit the "new " breed standard woudl have been culled, thats how we achieved breeds in the first place.

And that why new breeds will never be reconsigned, because there is no control on what is done with the pup that dont fit what the standard has been set at.
Yes but in the Boxer "white" pups were routinely culled. Crazy ideals & sadly some attitudes still exist that believe old ways were best.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2010, 10:29 AM

A lot ofyears ago i picked up a book in a shop & it shoed pics of long haired rotts & reds
Page 42 of 42 « First < 32 39 40 41 42