Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2009, 08:56 PM
Originally Posted by valandra View Post
yeah i would feel soooooo responsible if that happened. i think i will report it 2moz when i get up, its not worth the risk to anyone else who may be hurt
ultimately i believe the dog would be assessed for its temperament and if found to be DOG aggressive it woudlnt be pTS and if found to be human aggressive then on the long run its kinder to pTS. Personally it doesnt sound as if it was human aggressive it just sounds like an unlucky nip whilst trying to get to the dog.

therefore it would be the responsible thing to report it. NOt least if all it does is remove this dog from this numpties care or lack thereof
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2009, 09:15 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
I think it is highly unlikely it was a Pit Bull. More likely a Staffie or a Staff mix. Look at my 'Find the Pit Bull' thread.

Why would it unlikely be a Pit ? theres more around here, than ever before they were banned! Banning the breed has only made it more appealing... to the idiots that only want it as a hard man tool.

Pit Bulls are great Dogs in the right hands so please dont think I knocking the breed.
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-03-2009, 09:17 PM
How about reporting it to your local dog warden instead of the police. Maybe they could then have a chat to the owners and make them aware of having a dog out of control in a public area and all that?

Anyone know who would do an assessment like that and where and what that would entail to check temperament?
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2009, 09:21 PM
janiem - that sounds like a good idea but im not sure if we have a dog warden around where i live. do you know any website that i could find out on?
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2009, 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by JanieM View Post
How about reporting it to your local dog warden instead of the police. Maybe they could then have a chat to the owners and make them aware of having a dog out of control in a public area and all that?

Anyone know who would do an assessment like that and where and what that would entail to check temperament?

A chat from a magistrate will probably have more of an impact on the owner's behaviour and sense of responsibility.
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-03-2009, 09:23 PM
Hmmm....I'm not totally sure but I think you should find them on your local council website. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong!
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2009, 11:03 PM
Why would it unlikely be a Pit ? theres more around here, than ever before they were banned!
How do you know they are American Pit Bull Terriers? APBT's have been banned since 1991. The only purebred ones I have seen have been while I was in the United States.
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2009, 02:15 AM
Hi,

You should DEFINITELY report this. it wasn't a little nip it was a bite. The ONLY reasoin your aunty wasn't bleeding mroe profusely was because she was wearing her coat. As already stated, what if it had been a child? My 4 year old comes on walks with myself and my dogs, including walks with others and their dogs at the weekend. If he is ever hurt by a dog in any way the dog will be destroyed (not by a vet but by me).

This man should not owne any dog because clearly he cannot control it. And to send his sono out with it - that's disgusting. particulatrly if his Son kicked the dog for pullin ghim off his feet. WTF are these people thinking??!!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE reoprt it before this dog or it'ws owner(sO do a lot more damage to someone else. y reporting it,. you could actually be saving sopmeone's life!

The newspaper article in Birmingham is not far from where I used to live (about 15 mins by car). It's known for being a place where people have SBTs, EBTs, pit balls and anything resembling the bull breeds of any sort. It was onlya matter of time before someone was hurt badly enough in that park for it to be reported publicly.

With regard to the localdog wardens, if you ave a look at your local authority website, there shold be info on there about how to contact them etc.

Laura xx
Lene
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-03-2009, 11:16 AM
Maybe it was an American Staffordshire Bullterrier.. Some people say they look a lot like a pitbull... Pitbulls are banned in Australia, but AmStaffs are legal, only you have to be careful to get a pedigree, to prove the breed, if ever questioned about it.
kathyg
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-03-2009, 01:53 PM
Who cares what dog it is !!

Get it reported, asap.
Page 6 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >