Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2009, 11:00 AM

OMG im so angry!!!

Ive just recently came back from my morning walk where i met my Aunty on the field that we usually go to. We started talking about which dogs we had seen on the field, i pointed out that there has only been one dog that i wasn’t too sure about as the owner really doesn’t know how to control him. The dog constantly pulls on the lead and ive seen it snap at a few dogs while out walking. Just to let you know that the dog is a Pit Bull.

Well not long after i was telling her about it the dog came around the corner walking his owner as per usual. It was pulling over towards our two puppies but the guy went down a back alley so that the dog wouldn’t be too distracted by ours i would think. Then about 2min into the alley he let his dog off the lead, i couldn’t believe it. Ive never seen him let it off the lead before. Well the dog came running over showing its teeth so me and my aunty picked up the dogs. I don’t like to do this as i don’t want mine to be scared of other dogs. But with the current situation i thought it was very appropriate lol.

I just picked mine up in the nick of time as the dog charged me, it jumped up and i could hear its jaws biting down as it was trying to get my dog. It then proceeded to jump on my aunty, who may i add is terrified of dogs off the lead. Especially big and strong dogs like that. As it was jumping it nipped her on the arm, and she nearly dropped her dog. So me being me went over and started pushing it away and i must admit i did kick it to get it off her.
Looking up i noticed that the guy wasn’t even running over to the dog, just going at his normal slow pace saying ‘don’t jump’ and ‘get off them’. I was furious, i couldn’t believe he took his dog off the lead to start with, i have no worries about pit bulls being off the lead, its just the same as any other dog. As long as the owner can control it.

After i had done a few sweeps of its legs, which ended it up falling over onto its back the guy came over and said ‘ well its lucky he don’t bite isn’t it’!!!!!!!. The CHEEK of it. Im so annoyed, he got his dog on the lead after trying to catch it for a few min then walked off and said ‘naughty boy’ as he was leaving.

My aunty was terrified, she was so glad i was there as im not scared of dogs. She took her coat off where she felt the dog nip her and she was bleeding, its bit through her coat and now i think she is off to the hosp to get an injection.

Sorry for the vent guys but i really cant believe some people. He said the dog didn’t bite and wasn’t aggressive but i beg to differ. From what i seen it wasn’t play jumping, the dog was showing full teeth, drooling at the mouth and just wouldn’t leave us alone. As well as not listening to a word the owner said.

Aaaarrrggghhh!!!!!!!

jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2009, 11:07 AM
That sounds horrendous

I hope your Aunt isn't left to scarred (mainly mentally) by your experience.

What a kak owner.
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2009, 11:09 AM
yeah if i see him again im going to let him know about my views. i think i was just too shocked to say anything today
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2009, 11:11 AM
I would report that to the dog warden / police. Are you sure it was a Pit? If so he shouldn't have it anyway especially not unmuzzled and offlead. That's the law.

And I'm not pro bsl or anything, just anti- ar$ehole!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2009, 11:15 AM
The guy sounds a complete idiot. Did you say anything to him about his dog's behaviour, and the fact he let it off the lead?

Also, are you absolutely sure it was Pit Bull? They are illegal in this country, so I am guessing this dog was probably a large staffie type?

Sorry you had such a horrible encounter.
Schuh
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-03-2009, 11:20 AM
That guy sounds dangerous. I know it isn't the dogs fault, but imagine if that were a toddler that he bit and not your aunty.

I would most definitey inform the police. He should not be allowed to keep dogs.

My good friends father was attacked not so long ago by a dog off the lead and this is how he ended up http://www.birminghammail.net/news/t...7319-20920954/

We pick up our GSD from a rescue centre on Saturday, and would not dream of taking her out unless I had proper control of her.

Some people are just too lazy, selfish, or ignorant to properly handle their pets.

I hope you, your aunt and your pups are okay though. x
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2009, 11:32 AM
Originally Posted by Schuh View Post
That guy sounds dangerous. I know it isn't the dogs fault, but imagine if that were a toddler that he bit and not your aunty.

I would most definitey inform the police. He should not be allowed to keep dogs.

My good friends father was attacked not so long ago by a dog off the lead and this is how he ended up http://www.birminghammail.net/news/t...7319-20920954/

We pick up our GSD from a rescue centre on Saturday, and would not dream of taking her out unless I had proper control of her.

Some people are just too lazy, selfish, or ignorant to properly handle their pets.

I hope you, your aunt and your pups are okay though. x
oh my God that's awful. How is he now?
Amie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2009, 11:39 AM
The Dog is not like any other if its a Pit bull its illegal whether its muzzled or not they are no longer allowed. And because the owner sounds such a moron, the Dog will only get more Dangerous.

I would report this Dog and owner no matter what the breed to be Honest.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2009, 11:47 AM
Bl**dy Hell!!! That would have scared the pants off me if I had Zena and GEorgie on that walk!!! Get your Auntie to go to the Police, show them the hospital records, show them her arm and get THAT BLOKE TAKEN OFF THE STREETS!!!!! That's made me SOOOOOOO angry reading that!!!! The new Dogs Acts states, and it was reitterated to me at my training class the other night, that if ANY dogs shows ANY aggression to YOU or your DOG he will be prosecuted, so you have the actual PROOF, so get it sorted! Your poor, poor Auntie, the poor puppies, and poor you.xxxx
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-03-2009, 11:48 AM
I think you were lucky, if it really meant business I think you would have been in big trouble. Even so it definitely needs reporting, as always you have to imagine if it had been a child walking their dog and had had this happened.

It's a shame, it obviously has a twit for an owner.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »