Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2024, 06:28 AM

Tuesday 2nd April 2024

Morning all. Chris my favourite colour is blue but when the red mist comes down oh boy do people have to be careful.
The sun shone all day yesterday but typically as I have to wander up to the shops today it is raining a bit. Maybe as I can see blue sky out there it will clear up a bit just for me. I know it is going to be a costly trip as going to the post office to send a couple of parcels to Melanie in USA. Anyway hope you all have a good day whatever the weather. I expect the builders will be back today.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2024, 09:13 AM
Good morning Brenda.Hope you managed to get your walk and posting done without getting wet.

Here it is sunny but black clouds keep appearing. Teaazle walked, freezer in utility room defrosted and library books replenished. Now for a coffee.

Take care everyone
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-04-2024, 09:32 AM
Morning brenda, Sue and all to follow.
We have blue skies here interspersed with the odd white fluffy cloud.
Chris is that you ?

Might pop out later not sure yet time will tell.

brenda I hope the parcels weren't too costly and you didn't get too wet.
Sue as always busy and early at that.
Enjoy the rest of your day peacefully hopefully.

Everyone else have a lovely day.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2024, 10:10 AM
Nope didn't get wet. I went to the post office and brought the parcels back home because they would have cost an arm and two legs. The chap in the post office said they would be cheaper online but of course I don't have a printer and trying to work out what is what online is a nightmare. Hey ho. Never mind. Have a good day.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-04-2024, 10:19 AM
I feel your pain brenda regarding the parcels, it has become so expensive to send parcels to Spain too.
In fact its expensive to send from the UK to the UK now also.

I've looked at the online stuff and it all seems very complicated.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2024, 12:32 PM
Nothing is easy these days Lynn. Makes me fume because I am not stupid but
I am sure they are out to get us at every turn. I am going to ask Margarets daughter to look at the online website for me.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-04-2024, 03:10 PM
Couldn't agree more brenda.
We popped out but had to divert nasty collision between a lorry and a car it's a dreadful road and people will take chances.
Really hoping no one was seriously injured or worse, it didn't look good.

We had a cuppa and a scone and bought what we went for grass seed with flower seeds in the mix. It will replenish the turf we bought for Dillon on his 9th Birthday which I will not allow Gorden to dig up and of course Brewster loved it too for the short time he lived with us.
The new seed and wild flowers will look lovely.
Oh and we bought a lovely glazed rather large bird bath. No more spending for a few weeks.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2024, 07:20 PM
Brenda, we used parcels2go to send to Ireland and they do worldwide, you don't need a printer for some of the couriers
Lynn, we have wildflowers In a pot, I have artificial lawn out the back and out the front, I have to keep it as a "neat lawn"
Chris, hope Gary comes to his senses and goes to the appointment
Sue, you have been super busy again
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2024, 10:22 PM
Good whatever it is at this time of night

Weather fairly decent for us so a nice outing this morning

Gary's appointment cancelled and rearranged for May 14th. I only hope the carers can sort it out then. An email to send to the social worker tomorrow to tell her about it and ask when things will get rolling.