Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
egroeg
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-04-2013, 11:09 PM
Originally Posted by metaldog View Post
I sell mainly locally and to friends. It's more a hobby than a business TBH I am called Geekidog we are on [a social network] but don't have a web site or shop (yet)
Ooh, let us know when you have a website. I don't do FB
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-04-2013, 11:54 PM
Hi! Today, Nigredo broke his collar as well. It was a normal puppy collar, with a plastic snap to fasten it. One tug on the leash and BOOM, it snapped! I'm so glad that he's a great boy and didn't go running.

I tried to string the leash around his neck, but it was like choke style and he kept hacking and bucking and it was terrible. In the end, to avoid injuring him and also to avoid him escaping again by having to loosen it... I had to carry a nearly 30 pound Nigredo almost a mile back home!

With him on my shoulder and no way to be able to use my fire poker or defend myself at ALL... I stuck my fire poker in my belt loop on my jeans and rushed home as fast as possible without stopping. Gosh it was awful!

Kind of like this.. but imagine a puppy instead of a person.

He enjoyed it WAY too much! I have the most INSANE backache EVER now.

Note to self: Do NOT use the collar the shelter gave you to take him home with for walking him on his leash!
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2013, 06:54 AM
Originally Posted by metaldog View Post
I sell mainly locally and to friends. It's more a hobby than a business TBH I am called Geekidog we are on FB but don't have a web site or shop (yet)
Ooo I'll have a look, thank you.

Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
Hi! Today, Nigredo broke his collar as well. It was a normal puppy collar, with a plastic snap to fasten it. One tug on the leash and BOOM, it snapped! I'm so glad that he's a great boy and didn't go running.

I tried to string the leash around his neck, but it was like choke style and he kept hacking and bucking and it was terrible. In the end, to avoid injuring him and also to avoid him escaping again by having to loosen it... I had to carry a nearly 30 pound Nigredo almost a mile back home!

With him on my shoulder and no way to be able to use my fire poker or defend myself at ALL... I stuck my fire poker in my belt loop on my jeans and rushed home as fast as possible without stopping. Gosh it was awful!

He enjoyed it WAY too much! I have the most INSANE backache EVER now.

Note to self: Do NOT use the collar the shelter gave you to take him home with for walking him on his leash!
Oh dear! My experience sounds much easier than hours! Our only issue was we then had to walk for over an hour with no tags on Remus. He is microchipped and tends to stay quite close....but of course yesterday he went off running through a a woods for a few minutes with Tonks.....but came back and all was well. Then he was so tired that he walked on a loose lead like a slip lead round his neck the short distance back to the car.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2013, 09:45 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
Ooo I'll have a look, thank you.

Oh dear! My experience sounds much easier than hours! Our only issue was we then had to walk for over an hour with no tags on Remus. He is microchipped and tends to stay quite close....but of course yesterday he went off running through a a woods for a few minutes with Tonks.....but came back and all was well. Then he was so tired that he walked on a loose lead like a slip lead round his neck the short distance back to the car.
Yes, I LOVE my puppy and there was NO WAY I was going to risk hurting him over hurting myself. My back was KILLING me, but we made it safely and that's all that mattered.

Nigredo is only 4 months old and he just got here two weeks ago... so I was worried he'd go running and a chase would be on. Nigredo is microchipped with 24petwatch... but there's a high chance that if another person finds him... they will just steal him so it's a problem.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2