Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
STGSD
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-10-2011, 01:46 PM

Zeus hurt a whippet...

Feeling a bit worried as Zeus collided with a whippet and the owners have rushed it to the vet

We were having a nice walk and heading from one field to the next field where we leave from. The dogs were beside me off lead and these 2 whippets came flying round the corner, Zeph and Zeus can't resist a game of chase and went zooming off with them and Zeus collided with one, the dog yelped and trotted off still yelping when the bloke came running round the corner and checked him over. He said 'where did he bite him?' and I said no he didn't bite he hit him in the side when they were all running. It all happened very fast but I knew Zeus didn't bite, he's just clumsy and his fat head could have done some internal damage Normally I put mine on their leads if smaller dogs approach, because of the size and breeds of my dogs, I don't like to take risks, but I didn't have chance in this situation. I said I was sorry and that I hope the dog is ok, the bloke didn't say much but the lady said not to worry it wasn't my fault. They left the fields straight away carrying the dog.

I feel bad for the dog Also kinda hate the fact that no matter how it happens it'll just be looked at as whippet hurt by rottweiler
peedie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-10-2011, 01:51 PM
I would be feeling terrible too but it sounds like it wasn't really anyone's fault. x
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2011, 01:54 PM
Awww accidents happen dont worry too much
Did they give you their number so you know the whippet is Ok?
STGSD
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-10-2011, 01:56 PM
Originally Posted by K'Ehleyr View Post
Awww accidents happen dont worry too much
Did they give you their number so you know the whippet is Ok?
No I thought after I want to know if it is ok or not but they went on their way pretty quick.
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2011, 02:02 PM
Try not to feel too bad the whippets owner had allowed them to run on out of their sight so they are as much to blame as anyone.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-10-2011, 02:08 PM
Sounds like an accident, it's a risk you take if you let your dogs race around, don't blame yourself.
STGSD
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-10-2011, 02:10 PM
Originally Posted by leadstaffs View Post
Try not to feel too bad the whippets owner had allowed them to run on out of their sight so they are as much to blame as anyone.
I think thats why the lady was telling me not to worry etc as they'd let their dogs run full speed round the corner out of sight. I bring mine to 'heel' when approaching corners/entrances and either hold collars or put leads on whilst walking through but these 2 came bombing it through before we'd even reached it.
These things happen I suppose.
STGSD
Almost a Veteran
Female 

30-10-2011, 02:12 PM
Originally Posted by moetmum View Post
Sounds like an accident, it's a risk you take if you let your dogs race around, don't blame yourself.
Thanks. I'm just a worrier, and still feel I need to justify myself when no one was too blame!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

30-10-2011, 02:40 PM
I feel the same as the others it was an accident. I have always had hold of mine when coming to corners, I don't like them running full pelt out of my sight.

I understand you feel bad I would too but it really asn't your fault or Zeuss's
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-10-2011, 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by STGSD View Post
Thanks. I'm just a worrier, and still feel I need to justify myself when no one was too blame!
As everyone says, it was neither your fault nor the fault of Zeus, and as you say, these things happen.

As for justifying yourself, which of course is not necessary, it is like you apologising when someone knocks into you - not your fault but sometimes you still do it.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >