View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2009, 09:14 AM
My opinion, FWIW, is that the poor woman is dealing with it in the best way she can. Her whole reason for the filiming of her death appears to be so her boys can have a more comfortable life once she's gone. Surely we would all wish that for our children?

I admire her for doing it, TBH, and I hope that there's enough drugs pumped into her towards the end that she really does just slip away.
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2009, 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by whippetwatch View Post
I don't need to read any posts "properly" to be able to voice my opinion.

Jade Goody disgusts me - always has, always will do.

Whether you like Jade or not do you really feel the need to voice such a nasty opinion about someone who is dying of cancer .
Have you never heard the saying " if you can't say anything nice , don't say anything at all ".
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2009, 10:39 AM
I hope they all have a fabulous day today
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2009, 10:40 AM
So do I and I hope Jade feels well enough to enjoy it , poor soul
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2009, 11:15 AM
Originally Posted by Fernsmum View Post
So do I and I hope Jade feels well enough to enjoy it , poor soul
It's reported she's not been too well last night, been over-doing it, which is hardly surprising.
I hope she gets to do all she wants today and has a lovely time.

I just worry that after the wedding is over she will have lost that which is keeping her going.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2009, 11:41 AM
Just heard on the news that since Jade has made her Cancer public, many more women have asked for smear tests. Can't be a bad thing can it. So it appears that the
"media loving numpty" (not my words) has done an awful lot of good before she dies
**Leanne**
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-02-2009, 02:02 PM
I really feel for Jade and her family. Like all other celebs she has a magazine/tv deal for her wedding. In no way does she want her death to be filmed....just another rumour cooked up by the media! I think she's a brave woman who wants to support her boys even though she has gone and has the full support of her family who between them will raise the boys, even though it will never make up for their mum. I think she has done a wonderful thing in raising the numbers of those woman to get cervical smears as it does not get as much publicity compared to other cancers.

I hope she had a wonderful day and hope she got her dream of walking down the aisle with her grandfather and makes the most of the time she has left.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2009, 07:44 PM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
I think Random may have been referring to this (above)which I thought was OTT in the circumstances, particularly the last sentence. Also one or two others did say the idea was "sick" if I remember right We all have a right to our opinion but I think it just leaves a bad taste when some are being so critical even when a woman is about to leave her young boys, in a haze of pain and fear. If some can't be compassionate and understanding to someone in that position, they'd have to have a very hard heart or none at all, in my opinion
Thank you CC.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2009, 06:12 PM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
Well I have never pretended to be a fan of Jade and am still not, however, I wouldn't wish cancer on my worst enemy. It's horrible what she's going through but I also don't agree with the publicity, the huge wedding, the wedding dress paid for by Mohammed Fayed and the leniency being showed to her fiance by having his curfew changed.
There are thousands of normal everyday people who have lived through and died of cancer who did so privately with dignity and who were unable to provide their families with the kind of money she has access to through all of this media attention.
Frankly I find it all vulgar and unneccessary and don't want to see or read another thing about it.
All of the above is of course only my opinion but one I feel very strongly about.

I entirely agree with all of the above, well said.

I did feel sorry that such a young girl died from Cancer and wouldn't wish it on anyone. But the media frenzy about it was completely ridiculous. The sheer amount of coverage was unbeliveable, you couldn't turn a page of a newspaper or magazine without several pages on her leaping out at you.

Even after she's died it's still going on.
Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6