register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-07-2016, 04:43 PM
Finished it all half an hour ago, totally wiped out now and hurting, had a shower, made a brew and having a cream slice. Girls teas are ready, got Zens baked potatoes in for tonight and the morning. Going to take a couple of painkillers, too late for a siesta now. We have got rain forecast all day for tomorrow and its been saying it for a few days, so my thinking is that IF it is a rainy day, then I can see to the girls in the morning, go back to bed and have a few hours till lunchtime. Wall looks good, shifted everything that needs shifting, barricaded myself off and painted the wall, was watching Zen and Mabs playing tikkie in the Big House, running round and round after each other, eventually Mabs caught Zen and gave her a good wash.
So glad to hear Joel's leg has healed so well and so quickly, just goes to show what a Nana's Care can do eh
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2016, 05:28 PM
Well done TW................. You need to do what you need to do; be it by choice, neccesity or often in my case pure bloody mindedness. What are your plans when the old kennels come down?
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-07-2016, 06:35 PM
Building a new one of course!!!! Its at Planning Stage at the moment, I'm waiting for a drawing, he's starting it the beginning of September as he can't do anything before then. He's just finished my pointing, so that meant the boundary wall could be painted and I could have a shift round.
Physio did help my sciatica and I also found hot baths helped, Epsom Salt baths are very soothing, so hope you get it sorted soon.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2016, 07:24 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Building a new one of course!!!! Its at Planning Stage at the moment, I'm waiting for a drawing, he's starting it the beginning of September as he can't do anything before then. He's just finished my pointing, so that meant the boundary wall could be painted and I could have a shift round.
Physio did help my sciatica and I also found hot baths helped, Epsom Salt baths are very soothing, so hope you get it sorted soon.
Ta very much
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2016, 07:32 PM
Kazz, when my sciatica was bad the only thing that helped was Tramadol. Unfortunately I then became hooked on the b drug and it took me about three months to come off it. Brilliant pain killer but so addictive it is unbelievable.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

31-07-2016, 07:46 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Brenda I am also with SAGA but then I too only have a 1.6cc Ford Fiesta Zetec. She is 16 years old but in lovely condition
Hi Moyra, I could be wrong so you'd better check but I thought that if you hang on to her for another four years she'll be classed as a 'classic car' and you either pay no road tax or very little.

Many years ago I had a Scimitar GTE (Like wot princess Anne had ) I was constantly being told it would become a classic car in a few years and no road tax. Sadly I had to sell it before I could find out if it's true.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-07-2016, 07:46 PM
Lauren just arrived she had to work late doing a stock take so grabbed tea on the way and we have eaten and cleared up.
She is only here tonight possibly tomorrow night too but has come with large suitcase and hangers with clothes draped over her arm. Bless her.
Do hope painful backs and legs feel better soon.
Thanks for the saga recommendations I was with them a while back. Now with Hastings upgraded breakdown cover and still less than Tesco who quite frankly couldn't care less. Gorden shopped around as his had gone up spoke to them and they matched his best price so they got his business again.
When I worked in insurance renewal retention was the mainstay of business now they just want new business and couldn't care less about loyalty.

I have reported the latest disgraceful posts from our troll.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-07-2016, 07:48 PM
Not 100% sure Harvey but think the exemption on classic cars tax was abolished a while back.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

31-07-2016, 07:56 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Joel was able to take the dressing off this weekend get it wet too now when he bathes or showers. It is looking so much better and healed really well.
You've done a good job there Lynn, I expect that you had some personal experiance to guide you 'cos if my memory is correct you had your hand in a similar condition about a year ago. I do remember thinking at the time that it must have been horrible.

Well we had a nice walk this afternoon, Casey met a few dogs, he is so much better now, he doesn't rush up to them and he often just has a sniff and ignores them Lara is probably the first Newfie we've had who does like to swim, she was in the river today, I think she keept her paws on the river bed but was so enjoying it.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2016, 08:06 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Kazz, when my sciatica was bad the only thing that helped was Tramadol. Unfortunately I then became hooked on the b drug and it took me about three months to come off it. Brilliant pain killer but so addictive it is unbelievable.
Yeah I understand that is the case with tramadol.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >