View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
em_er_li
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-01-2010, 05:52 PM

Rosa, Staffie (maybe a cross? opinions?) Pic heavy.

Our little Rosa, moved in with us on Jan 11th from a local rescue centre.

She's been in the wars a bit, originally used as a breeder on a puppy farm, the rescue centre found her as a stray. She's had a lump removed from her neck caused by a cat bite (supposedly). And we think she was abandoned because the previous owners didn't want to pay for her medical care.

Even worse luck, on her walk this morning, she got bitten by another dog just a nick on her leg, but she's limping now. More worryingly her top canine has now come really loose, and is pointing out almost horizintally! Luckily we were going to the vets for a checkup on her neck anyway. And he thinks it should go back, but if not it'll need taking out. Poor Rosa! So she's been even more spoilt today..

Yep, she's in the bed. As per usual. But nevermind

Thanks for looking. Sorry for her life story. I'm still angry about the other dog. The owner didn't even apologise!

R & E
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2010, 06:02 PM
oh bless - tbh regardless of what she is - she looks like she has more than landed on her feet with you - she is very pretty!

as for the other owner - was she onlead or off and what about the other dog - if she was onlead and got bitten by offlead dog then I would be handing the vet bill to the owner the next time you see them.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2010, 06:12 PM
Bless her I'm sure you don't care is she si a cross or not.
If she is a cross, would she have been used to breed on a puppy farm?
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2010, 07:36 PM
beautiful girl. well done for rescuing her. I hope her luck improves now she's in a loving home.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2010, 08:47 PM
Aww Bless her I'm glad she's found a home with you, she's a beauty x
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2010, 09:26 PM
Which rescue did she come from?
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2010, 09:28 PM
she is gorgeous and you are a star for rescuing her! i'm so sorry to hear about her misfortune with the other dog but i agree that maybe you could push for them to pay the vet bill.
billie_xox
New Member!
Female 

28-01-2010, 09:29 PM
she reminds me so much of my own dog, if you look at my post im hoping you'll agree. totally beautiful (and my dog hogs my bed too)
em_er_li
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-01-2010, 08:04 PM
Brundog + lilypup- Rosa was on her lead (short, normal, fabric one) and I was holding here on a short lead since we don't know if she's okay with all dogs or not. The other dog was on a lead. but and extendable on, that was fully extended/loose. They said hello to each other, the extendable lead got tangled around Rosa's and amid the confusion I think the other dog got frightened and went for her. Neither of the dogs fault but definately the other owners (I think) for having the lead loose so it tangled. (AND ON A MAIN ROAD ASWELL!)

Borderdawn- Hathern Dog rescue in Leicestershire

Nippy- No I don't mind at all, I was just wondering to be honest. She's not as muscley as alot of staffies are, but has a Staffie face, haha.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2010, 12:53 AM
oh she is gorgeous! and good on you for rescuing her! she is a lucky girl
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >