Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2007, 05:43 PM

Skin care - yikes!!!

I'm paying the price for 28 years of treating my skin badly. I get periodic eczema on my eyelids: usually I have an episode after I let my skin dry out. As a preventative measure I've been directed to Clarins skin care, and I've just bankrupted myself to pay for it! Lets hope it lives up to the hype!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2007, 07:15 PM
Fingers crossed.
There's a few oil free moisturisers around you know that aren't too dear...we use one as my skin gets awfully dry BUT gets spotty with most creams!
Hope it works for you.
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2007, 07:18 PM
I hope Clarins does the trick for you, it is expensive though, shame you couldn't get it tax free, that would have eased the pain a bit
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2007, 10:06 PM
just to say that if the clarins doesnt work - there is a cream called osas cream which you can buy online and its supposed to be a miracle worker for excema, psoriasis etc.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2007, 10:55 PM
I hope the Clarins does work but if they don't do the trick there is a range of products by Liz Earl that only use natural ingredients (plant based) which I have used and they are great. My skin tends to be dry and I noticed a huge difference, I am sure they would be gentle enough for eczema
ShaynLola
Almost a Veteran
Female 

11-12-2007, 08:07 AM
I can highly recommend Dermalogica skincare products. I have eczema and Dermalogica is the best product I have found for keeping my skin clear and looking good.

For eyelids, Diprobase is good. It was recommended to me by a pharmacist and I was sceptical as I'd used it in the past with not much success however, it is great for around the eyes as it's really gentle. You can buy it over the counter from any pharmacy and it only cost about £3.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2007, 08:16 AM
I use Clarins and it is fab. A little goes a long way. i hope you find it helps.
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2007, 08:05 PM
Bless you all: thanks for the tips
elmac13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2007, 08:10 PM
Another good one is SOS cream by Barefoot botanicals. No chemicals, parabens etc.