Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-12-2007, 11:38 AM
Originally Posted by Inca View Post
thats not mean at all mine are getting £100 each cash a £30 pressie and a few bits and bobs my boys now 16 and 18 have never expected anything or asked for anything at xmas not even when they were small
That is what mine get So my total Christmas spend on the kids is just over £500 a lot of money when you look at it

This year instead of cash they asked for a PS3 and some games.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2007, 11:40 AM
I dont have kids , But my sisters do , My sis mary spends about £ 300 each on her three but theyre dad died a few years back and she doesnt see much of his family , so she tends to try and make up for that , Plus there birthdays all fall after christmas from jan to march .
My sis dot spends about £400 on her to boys each, as theyre dad does not spend a penny on them and neither does his family , But there step dad family does so they do better than ok , My older sis has one we lad and his birthday is in november so she spends about £1oo quid for his birthday and about £2oo to £3oo for chrimbo , then they get presents from all my side of the family , so i reckon they do pretty well considering most kids get very little xxdk
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2007, 11:41 AM
Originally Posted by Callum View Post
Well I guess im gonna seem tight. We will spend around £120 on our 5 yr old this year. Itd be more if we had it tho. Her bday was in Nov which doesnt help the xmas fund either, she also gets from other family members so I dont think she is too hard done by.

Better than I did I can tell you
Dont worry you arent gonna get a paragraph on my childhood
I know what you mean, my son's birthday is on new years!

Mind mine is on the 21st! As kids we probably got about £200 a year each on stuff and there was 3 of us. This year i've got £50 cash from my mum and I know i'll get some things, so probably about £100. And £50 from my dad and i'm 23 this month.
Clair
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2007, 11:57 AM
My sons have had about £120 each spent on them this yr by me, and tbh I think thats more than enough, I dont see the need or point in going OTT
maddymoo
New Member!
Female 

06-12-2007, 11:59 AM
my kids get 250 each plus bits from family, i think xmas is about spending time as a family it is very commercial now, people have forgot what xmas is about would you agree?
i love playing new games and the excitement on the kids faces is a picture
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2007, 12:00 PM
My mum probably spends about £150 on my son aswell.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-12-2007, 12:11 PM
No kids, but for neices and nephews I spend what I am comfortable speding without skinting myself.
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2007, 12:12 PM
Our 4 get £250 each, if they want items rather than money, they tell me what I buy it and wrap it for them.

We decided a couple of years ago, that Christmas time they will get smaller items, but for their birthdays they get bigger items, as there is only one to buy for. In August Kieran had a PS3, Paige is having a laptop in April as it's an important year for her at school (year 10) last year we paid for Abi (eldest) to go to New York for her 18th birthday with college (£700) Kirstie had £500 for her 16th birthday.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2007, 12:32 PM
Originally Posted by Carole View Post
That is what mine get So my total Christmas spend on the kids is just over £500 a lot of money when you look at it

This year instead of cash they asked for a PS3 and some games.
thats the thing isn't it carole its all too much ...mine have £100 cash and they might join together for a WII its up to them

sometimes the REAL value of xmas gets lost amoungst the competition of who can get what and who can spend the most

barrr humbug Inca x LOL
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-12-2007, 12:34 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
No kids, but for neices and nephews I spend what I am comfortable speding without skinting myself.
i have PM'd you my address Storm just incase you had forgot to ask me LOL
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »