Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2006, 04:16 PM

central heating help

Hiya everyone!

I am a little confused we are having building works done at the moment as some of you may know and today I have been receiving quotes for full gas central heating and moving the bathroom from downstairs to upstairs. I had british gas round who would not touch the bathroom and they quoted us £5000 just for the heating! I got a telephone quote from one guy who said £6000 but they woiuld also tile the bathroom?, I had another quote for £4050 and the last one was a shocker only £2450!!! Well this seems really cheap and he says he can start wednesday he is buying the boiler and we are buying the bathroom suite, obviously i am concerned at the price but also want to snap his arm off?!?!

He says he has contracts for himself and us??

Please any advice????
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2006, 04:29 PM
Check his Corgi Registration is pukka, no one can touch anything to do with gas without being Corgi Registered

Just in the process of decorating the bathroom, stripped off the grotty paper & painted the walls that aren't tiled with special base paint, lol lying down is a cool room as I am kn**kered
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2006, 06:30 PM
We have a friend that is Corgi registered (he actually works for British Gas), he is replacing our heating in September, we're having a combi/condensor boiler and 8 radiators thermostatic valves, condensate pump, wireless thermostate control unit, it's costing us £2900......which is excellent, better still is that he will remove our old system and replace it over one weekend.
trikeschick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-07-2006, 09:29 PM
would check his registration - sure you can do this online. British Gas quoted us £5000 for our central heating - I'm sure it's a bog standard price they use for everyone. That was only for a back boiler and new fire - not new radiators. Needless to say I didn't take them up on the offer!!!!